Due to the competitive nature of onshore Unconventional plays, wells have to be drilled and completed as efficiently as possible while maintaining high performance in HSE.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of onshore U.S. completion/well intervention (CWI) operations. This includes the health/safety/environmental (HSE), operational, contractor management and best practice sharing considerations to execute new well completions, well interventions (rig workovers, coiled tubing, slickline, etc.), well abandonments, etc.
Also responsible for reviewing/executing engineering plans, mentoring less experienced personnel, analyzing/managing project risk, working closely with engineering in the execution of operations, tracking/managing trouble time/costs and driving performance to lower costs and increase production.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
1) Project Execution – Responsible for planning, logistics, supervision, and documentation of the execution of well work activities. Work closely with the engineers and Operations Team Leads to make well work decisions/recommendations including selection and optimization of services; materials; fluid systems; operational techniques, operational efficiencies, cost tracking, and management of project risks. Provide input on well programs, including details around HSSE, well control, equipment, contractors, etc.
2) HSSE – Responsible for ensuring HSSE is integrated in the procedure and execution of completion and well intervention operations. Actively promote HSSE and Sustainable Development (SD) in all activities and ensure compliance with business principles.
3) Coaching and Mentoring - Coach and mentor less experienced team members to deliver best-in-class performance in HSSE, cost, and time.
4) Cost and Time Tracking – Champion and lead a team of supervisors in tracking well costs and job timing during execution, including differentiating trouble costs/time from expected costs/time.
5) Contract Management – Provide input and suggestions on service contracts to enable high performance. Manage contractor
services in the field in line with the contracting strategy and the goals of the contract management team. Support contract
management as a contract holder is select cases and participate as a member of the contract management team. Serve as a
focal point for HSSE management with the contractors and the evaluation of service quality.
6) Performance Improvement – Responsible for championing operational performance improvement initiatives throughout the
well delivery process. Support the implementation of new technologies as part of the performance improvement process. Lead the supervisory team in implementation of opportunities to optimize operations.
7) Communication – Responsible for maintaining communication and leading by example in ensuring integration with production
operations and other support departments.
Requirements Must be a U.S. Citizen, or hold a valid work visa that does not require sponsorship in order to legally work full-time in the
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum seven (7+) years relevant industry experience including completion/well intervention operations.
- Minimum three (3+) years in supervisory roles
- High school education/math skills required; College level math preferred.
- Will be required to take Shell’s CWI Round 1 and Round 2 training
- Valid IWCF well control certificate
- Willingness to work 28 day rotation of 14 days on duty and 14 days off.
- Sound understanding of the process to deliver well operations including implementation of new technologies.
- Strong understanding of horizontal shale completion techniques including frac, wireline, artificial lift installation, and rig based well intervention operations
No. of Positions 6
Disclaimer Please note:
We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.