T.A. Loving Summary
With over 92 years of higher education, healthcare and bridge/utility experience, T.A. Loving Company is a proven leader in the construction industry. Our commitment to quality and integrity are just two examples of why we have a repeat client list.
T.A. Loving is always looking for individuals with a passion for what they do. If you want to join a company committed to delivering excellence, we want to hear from you. We are looking for a dedicated Project Engineer in our Building Division to coordinate and assist the project manager and superintendent with planning, control, integration and completion of assigned project. The Project Engineer will assist in daily tasks, material deliveries, and overall project coordination. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance of subcontractors on project; addressing complaints and resolving problems. In the performance of these functions, it is the Project Engineer’s responsibility to protect and promote T. A. Loving Company’s interests in all matters and to do what is reasonably necessary to discharge his/her duties which include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Assists Project Manager in completing subcontracts and purchase orders for buyout process.
- Assists Project Manager with preparation and completion of weekly updates on reports and quantities.
- Maintains and updates a complete Submittal Log.
- Reviews submittals for conformance with contract documents.
- Tracks submittal process.
- Maintains and updates Subcontractor and Owner Change Order Logs.
- Maintains and updates RFI logs.
- Prepares progress meeting agendas and distributes meeting minutes.
- Posts contract document revisions resulting from RFIs, ASIs, and/or Owner change orders.
- Accurately tracks projects issues and maintains documentation.
- Maintains and assist subcontractor schedule and communication.
- Reviews subcontractor proposals for accuracy and scope of work conformance.
- Reviews correspondence and requests from engineer and owner for change or work.
- Actively communicates with owners regarding their needs and questions as they arise on a project.
- Actively assists the project Superintendent with enforcement of site safety.
- Proactively reviews drawings and submittals for accuracy and coordination between trades.
- Assists with project close-out document assembly and turn-over.
- Enforces Subcontractor commitment(s) for material deliveries and assists Superintendent in getting all necessary materials on site and verifying they are correct.
- Works with Superintendent to create, enforce and back-check punch lists.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager.
- Licensing/Certification: Must maintain a valid driver license and good driving record. OSHA Training courses as required by the company safety procedures.
- Ability to:
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Read, analyze, and interpret business documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public either orally or in writing.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Follow the Company’s safety policies and procedures as described in the Company safety manual.
- Communicate with the project team, management, and the clients.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Four-year college degree in related field preferred or two-year college degree in related field and (1) to (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
T.A. Loving offers medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending account for medical and/or day care expenses, and long-term disability (salaried employees only) after your successful completion of sixty (60) days of employment as a full-time employee. Our new hires are eligible to enroll in 401K with employee match quarterly following their date of hire.
T.A. Loving Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Type: Full-time