We are looking for a slightly nerdy senior level designer who is obsessed with data. The nerd in you performs contextual inquiry interviews with technical customers and quickly understands new concepts. The designer in you synthesizes the information, explains it with relevant metaphors and whiteboards it beautifully. We want to hear your ideas for distilling complex use cases into simple tasks that empower our users.
The UX Design Team at Sumo Logic creates consumer-level user experience for complex data visualizations and information design of enterprise-level capabilities. That sounds complicated, and it is. But our team is close-knit, and we swarm frequently on all of the design problems we're facing. If you'd like to read more about the team and our processes, here's ourblog ( https://medium.com/sumo-logic-ux ).
Sumo Logic is a real-time continuous intelligence platform. We have over 1000 customers and we analyze 100+ petabytes of data daily. When a customer experiences an outage, they turn to our platform to analyze the machine data and figure out what happened. Our product aids the user in making critical decisions and responding rapidly.
Along with your resume and portfolio (required), please send along your favorite .gif or Boomerang. No cover letters,please ( https://media.giphy.com/media/3osxY5DBiplbJ47i4o/giphy.gif ).
We are looking for a talented Product Designer who is passionate about solving complex problems related to "security in the cloud" and creating smart, beautiful, and polished products. You will be working directly with the VP of Security Analytics to deliver innovative and feasible solutions.
- Act as a "hands on" UX scrum lead for high visibility Security Analytics initiative across cross-functional departments
- Help lead improvements to process and relationships beyond scope of individual work
- Lead research that identifies and defines user goals and value definition
- Lead other designers, both visual and interactive, to design and evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Execute full UX solutions based on existing "product vision" and business requirements
- Lead data driven design methodologies to champion refinements of the product until the usability and experience reach a delightful experience and success criteria.
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and able to work both independently and in collaboration with a team. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- B.S. or higher in HCI or related discipline (M.S. a plus)
- 7+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
- Has a track record of influencing the direction of the product and delivering high quality product
- Strong experience in working with engineering and product management teams to oversee the user experience of a product from discovery to delivery
- Experience leading team projects, defining experience brief, design KPI's, and success criteria
- Experience with user research in building the product and testing to validate key insights
- A communicator who can easily explain the product design process with various teams and executives
- Be highly adaptable in an ever-changing startup environment
- A portfolio that highlights your strengths
Within 6-9 months you will be:
- Experience with creating customer journeys, doing research, and creating user personas
- Information design/data visualization experience a plus
- Prototyping experience a plus
- Innovating new solutions to improve how our customers experience and interact with data
- Providing clear direction to the scrum team on how to evolve the user experience for a key product initiative
- Directing and articulate a clear UX vision of the scrum team to executive stakeholders
https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier ( https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier )
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.