Nuvance Health is currently seeking a Patient Service Representative to join our team today!
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals. We have a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. We combine highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities, technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas. We are looking for a Patient Service Representative to receive patients, schedule appointments and give accurate information to callers. This position coordinates front desk operations to ensure smooth flowing operations and accurate entry of patient data. You are responsible for performing a wide variety of clerical duties for administrators and clinical staff.
- Maintain reception area while ensuring all patients are greeted and check in/out in an accurate and timely manner
- Upon check in, verify all patient demographics and insurance to ensure accuracy, scan all appropriate documents including ID, insurance cards and required forms
- Verify all patients insurances online or via the phone and collect copays and co-insurances
- Post charges and copayments
- Enter information on spreadsheet once balanced
- Provide necessary forms for completion and signatures, review for accuracy and notify the clinical staff when the patient is ready
- Schedule patient appointments and necessary procedures
- Maintain schedule and revise for cancellations
- Confirm next day appointments
- Receive authorizations and complete all required hospital forms
- Pull charts for nurses to prepare for patient visits
- Process medical record requests
- Assist physicians by returning calls per physicians request to patients, updating and maintaining physician schedule, and calling patients with test results when requested
- Complete and review disability and workman's compensation forms and obtain physician signature
- Maintain filing, charting, faxing, and all other clerical functions needed for this office
- All mainlining functions, including sending new patient welcome packets the day initial appointment is made
- Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor)
- Demonstrate regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Perform other duties as required
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1+ year(s) of customer-related experience required
- 1+ year(s) of healthcare experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $20.00 per hour
- customer-related: 1 year (Required)
- healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Poughkeepsie, NY 12601: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)