We're a new kind of consumer finance company
At Mission Lane, it's our goal to provide access to responsible credit on transparent terms, and to create paths to better financial health. Building world-class credit cards is how we are getting there.
LendUp launched a credit card business in 2015, which issues unsecured credit cards (Arrow Card & L Card) in partnership with 2 FDIC insured banks. In Q4 2018, LendUp sold its card business to a group of investors : LL Funds, Invus Opportunities, and QED. The transaction for the card business, closed in December 2018, and included the team, the IP, the technology platform, and the receivables. The new stand alone company is called Mission Lane, and with a significant capital infusion, the company is poised for exponential growth over the coming years.
About the role:
Mission Lane is recruiting a world class Vice President of Engineering. This position will be based in either our Richmond, VA or San Francisco, CA office; and will be a key member of Mission Lane's executive team.
Our VP of Engineering will:
Our Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- Take the reins of leadership on a high performing engineering team, with a focus on the execution and delivery of quality software at high velocity
- Assume responsibility for putting in place best practices in all aspects of implementation of our technology platform, including architecture, application development, testing and mission critical deployments, and technical operations
- Be highly visible and present in our office as we scale the already fast growing company and guide it on a path to double customers annually over the next three years
- Continuously assess existing software, infrastructure, and potential partner capabilities
- Develop and implement best practices across our teams to facilitate high quality software delivery
- Develop and maintain our growing engineering team
- Help us scale the engineering organization, from a current size of 15, as the company scales
- Recruit outstanding technical and engineering talent in a highly competitive market to rapidly grow our team
- Manage performance, enforce accountability, maintain high standards for all team members
- Implement programs to develop our technical talent, including onboarding, continued learning, and mentorship
- Increase developer retention by ensuring every team member has a strong connection to the work, the mission, and has a sense of mastery, autonomy, and purpose
- Strategize, recruit and develop a brand to attract top talent, and partner with our talent team to hit hiring goals and milestones
- Partner with the executive team to execute on a technical vision for the company
- Collaborate with our executive team to learn, develop and adapt our overall business goals and strategy
- Provide partnership and guidance to the executive team on the current capabilities and capacity of our technology and technology team and advise them on business strategy accordingly
- Partner with our CTO to evolve the technological vision for our platform, helping us implement chosen strategy and achieve business goals
- Hire, train, and scale a team of leaders for each of our three business units to cascade that vision to the entire engineering organization and allow them to execute
- Experience building and managing a large high performing team of engineers, including recruiting, performance management, and a history of shipping high quality software at velocity
- Experience managing engineering teams in the financial services space, both enterprise or a highly technical consumer-facing software experience
- An intense focus on building a culture of quality, stability and correctness
- Strong technical skills, including:
- At least 7 years of direct software development work experience
- Familiarity with web application technologies
- Experience with multiple software development processes
- Experience working for various sizes of companies, to understand how companies change and evolve as they grow
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.