Since 1998, our mission is to be the premier Global Solutions Provider to the Pre-Employment and Tenant Screening industries. We aim to deliver fast, accurate, and affordable solutions, helping our clients make the best hiring decisions and tenant placements possible, with the goal of ensuring a safer home and work environment. SJV is the premier information supply chain to the background screening industry.
About the Position:
A full-time position assisting in recruiting, training, and other various administrative functions within the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Assistant assists the Human Resources Manager and the Organization by facilitating an alignment between strategic business goals and human resources, fostering employee engagement and commitment, and helping the organization respond proactively to change.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, staffing, interviewing, hiring and retention strategy implementation
- Assist in employee onboarding process
- Matching employees with positions and assessing needs and training for continued employee development
- Maintain training records
- Assist in other HR related duties including, but not limited to, benefits administration, compensation administration, performance management administration
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Serve as the COBRA administrator for the company.
- Process monthly billings from insurance providers. Review billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolve discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Complete reports for management as requested.
- Coordinate and assist with the ACA and ERISA benefits reporting requirements.
- Act as a liaison with various insurance carriers and foster effective relationships with client representatives.
- Act as a resource for payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefits and HR policies and regulations. Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Assist in the employee exit process
- Attend meetings, seminars, and job fairs as required
- Assist with the processing of paperwork and with filing
- Prepare new employee files
- Prepare reports for management as requested
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel and human resources records
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Accountability:
- Meeting Retention Rate Objectives
- Meeting Recruiting Deadlines
- Maintain Accurate Records
Mandatory Job Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal skills – the individual maintains confidentiality and is able to manage and resolve conflicts
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Must have strong time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Minimum travel may be required, locally and nationwide
- Must be willing to work in the office
- Must be comfortable interacting with all levels within the organization, including top management
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background investigation, including a criminal background check and drug screening test
Preferred Job Qualifications/Requirements:
- Interviewing and recruiting experience
- This position requires the incumbent to work indoors at a desk for extended periods of time and use of a work station.
- The person must be able to comprehend and follow work instructions in a fast-paced, team environment.
- This position requires the ability to interact with all levels within the organization and requires the ability to respond professionally to all individuals and work well as a team player.
- This position may be requested to work overtime on occasion to meet company objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Human Resources: 1 year (Required)