- High School Diploma or GED
- EPA Refrigeration Certification
- Driver's License
Performs skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the installation, repair, maintenance and operation of mechanical, electrical, environment controls and life safety systems. This position is with Local 94
1. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, operation and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment systems and a background in mid-voltage switchgear.
2. Ensures proper operation of systems in compliance with required regulations and codes.
3. Tests, maintains and evaluates equipment by using instrumentation.
4. Tests and calibrates electronic HVAC and building environmental controls ensuring equipment is functioning properly. This includes a working knowledge of recent BMS controls equipment.
5. Performs as required, skilled maintenance activities to include but not limited to construction, welding, soldering and plumbing.
6. Inspects and repairs pumps, fans, valves and motors ensuring proper operation of the facility equipment and systems.
7. Performs all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards.
8. Capability to perform duties as a stationary facility engineer in a large facility and/or mobile facility engineer responsible for several facilities located in a designated geographic area.
9. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards of business ethics and conduct.
10. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
11. Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent experience.
Four-year apprenticeship program or five-year field experience is desired.
A CFC certification and a City of White Plains Refrigeration Operators License are required.
Must have experience with working on CRAC units and chiller operations.
Must have a background in electrical work and a knowledge of mid-voltage switchgear.
Must be able to be on call and to work any shift, weekends and holidays if necessary.
Must have valid state drivers license along with appropriate class license if required in performance of job.