\*PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION THROUGH THE DCPS CAREERS PAGE: https://dcps.secure.force.com/central/ts2\_\_JobDetails?jobId=a0x4U00000HRuY8QAL&tSource=
The Government of the District of Columbia values the safety of our employees, our residents, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes all eligible booster shots, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs in violation of EEO laws. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by uploading a copy of your vaccination card, or uploading proof of your approved medical or religious exemption, to your candidate dashboard. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the Government of the District of Columbia. If you are granted an exemption, you must submit to weekly COVID-19 testing and will be required to upload weekly a negative COVID-19 test to maintain employment with the Government of the District of Columbia. You will not be extended an offer of employment until you comply with the requirement to upload your vaccination card or your approved medical or religious exemption.
The mission of the Office of Data Systems and Strategy is to support schools and the district as a whole to use technology and data effectively to accelerate student achievement. The Office includes the following teams:
- The Information Technology team provides DCPS students and staff, in every school, with the infrastructure, systems, and support to use technology effectively to accelerate student achievement.
- The Assessments team leads and supports schools in the administration of summative assessments and surveys and ensures test integrity is maintained during assessments.
- The Data team ensures stakeholders at all levels of the organization have access to accurate, timely, and relevant data by organizing, validating, and reporting on student data and by conducting analysis and research to inform decision-making.
- The School Data & Performance team supports and builds school-based capacity to use data tools to inform school planning and decision-making.
The Specialist, Procurement and Business Operations will be responsible for developing a comprehensive procurement plan for the Office of Data Systems & Strategy, using systems to track spending against available budget, and supporting the E-rate process and compliance. The incumbent will also act as a liaison and work with appropriate vendors, as well as DCPS’s procurement and business managers. The Specialist will regularly monitor compliance requirements and ensure they are addressed across the systems portfolio, as well as react to changes in upstream/downstream systems and processes to maintain continuity and accuracy of budget and contracts.
The Specialist, Procurement and Business Operations will report to the Manager, Strategic Initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports the Chief, Data Systems & Strategy and ODSS leadership team in developing and executing a comprehensive procurement and acquisition plan and calendar in alignment with the Office’s priorities, equity standards, and the DCPS mission; and proactively plans procurement calendar to ensure all contracts, purchases, and renewals are completed on time.
- Develops scopes of work and procurement plans, in collaboration with ODSS leaders, for strategic procurements, including student and teacher devices, licenses, and other education technologies; and conducts market research and requests quotes, negotiates contracts, trains new vendors, resolves accounting discrepancies, monitors deliverable timelines, and coordinates contractor meetings.
- Submits requisitions, monitors purchase order timelines, and works with the appropriate parties to resolve issues within the DC Government’s procurement system, PASS.
- Defines financial and E-rate compliance requirements, communicates proactively with ODSS leaders, identifies risks, and captures business requirements for process and system enhancements.
- Works closely with the Chief Coordinator and budget specialist to regularly monitor spending and available budget and identify funding pressures to the Chief, Data Systems & Strategy and ODSS leadership team proactively; provides status reports on spending and funding pressures to senior leaders, including the Chief, Data Systems & Strategy; regularly updates budget and procurement trackers with new requisitions, notes, and contracts; and monitors renewal dates and requirements to ensure seamless transitions in services.
- Coordinates all aspects of the E-rate program, including contracts, RFPs, invoices, applications, and E-rate documentation.
- Fosters a collaborative relationship with key stakeholders; raises awareness of E-rate compliance programs; and integrates stakeholder feedback into future program enhancements.
- Implements continuous risk management/ monitoring and ensures adherence to financial policies.
- Understands vendor-specific process flows and timelines for various follow-up processes.
- Monitors contractor performance, including the reporting and status of contractor and owner deliverables.
- Tracks payments and communicates deadlines to vendors; facilitates weekly calls with vendors; and works as a partner with the vendors to ensure smooth account flow and enact any process changes.
- Maintains documentation for contracts which include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, and payment schedules.
- Prepares and disseminates information to appropriate employees regarding contract status; and facilitates contractor meetings.
- Ensures that contractors are in compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications, and government regulations; reports any suspected compliance issues to respective supervisor; and analyzes and mitigates risk.
- Works with internal management teams along with the agency’s contracts and procurement team to understand and communicate office needs across teams, improve processes, increase accuracy, create efficiencies, and achieve the overall goals of the department.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years of related work experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Previous exposure to or experience in the education sector a plus.
- Previous experience with E-rate preferred.
- Familiarity with government procurement process, systems, and guidelines; and experience in PASS a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially during stressful circumstances.
- Approaches work with an equity mindset, incorporating equity considerations into planning and decision making.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, and solutions-oriented environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and positive customer service skill set.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to stay well-organized under pressure; and possesses exemplary professionalism, ethics, and integrity.
- STUDENTS FIRST: We recognize students as whole children and put their needs first in everything we do.
- COURAGE: We have the audacity to learn from our successes and failures, to try new things, and to lead the nation as a proof point of PK-12 success.
- EQUITY: We work proactively to eliminate opportunity gaps by interrupting institutional bias and investing in effective strategies to ensure every student succeeds.
- EXCELLENCE: We work with integrity and hold ourselves accountable for exemplary outcomes, service, and interactions.
- TEAMWORK: We recognize that our greatest asset is our collective vision and ability to work collaboratively and authentically.
- JOY: We enjoy our collective work and will enthusiastically celebrate our success and each other.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $83,647.00 - $94,385.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Do you have familiarity with government procurement process, systems, and guidelines (experience in PASS a plus)?
Work Location: One location