As an Implant Process Owner in the PVD/Implant Group at IM Flash, you will work in industry-leading semiconductor process technology related to new memory devices and technologies. In this position, you will optimize Ion Implant processes integral in creation of the memory device. You will support process development and implementation of high density memory for commercial success. You will be working alongside Manufacturing Engineers, Process Integration, and Yield/Quality Engineers to help sustain next generation technologies. You will be responsible for the qualification of new Ion Implanter systems, process chemistries and materials, fundamental characterization, and baseline process improvements. You will also partner with suppliers to develop continuous improvement projects to enable area objectives.
Successful candidate for this position will have:
- Understanding of solid state physics including interaction of Ion Implantation dopants with various materials.
- Hands on experience with Ion Implantation equipment in the lab or clean-room environment.
- Understanding of high-volume manufacturing requirements as related to ion implant processes.
- Experience with High Energy, Low Energy, and Medium Current Ion Implanter systems/platforms.
- Understanding of particle/defect models and mechanisms associated with the Ion Implant processes and equipment.
- Experience in Ion Implant process optimization to address parametric mismatches.
- An understanding of various Ion Implantation physical and electrical evaluation methods and techniques such as SIMS, Thermawave, XPS, and sheet resistance.
- Insight into Process Safety requirements related to Ion Implant process changes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and statistical techniques with ability to evaluate and make insightful inferences/recommendations.
- Ability to plan and execute effective well-designed experiments and write clear, concise reports documenting results and implications.
- Ability to work and collaborate with a wide variety of people in different areas of process engineering, manufacturing, process integration, device, and pilot production to effectively accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to collaborate with suppliers to drive continuous improvement projects related to quality, cost reduction, and output improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Other reasonable activities required by management or leadership.
- BS degree in a science or engineering related field or equivalent semiconductor experience is required.
- At least 4 years of experience in Ion Implant process engineering and exposure to high-volume manufacturing environments is preferred.
All Team members must meet minimum criminal background standards as established by IM Flash and the Department of Homeland Security.