Attention Licensed Practical Nurse(s), Come Grow Your Career With Us!
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation - Henderson - Henderson, NC 27536
Concordia Care Nursing and Rehabilitation - Henderson is a 78 bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility. We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to manage designated groups of nursing employees on a nursing unit and to assure the smooth operations of a unit for a designated shift under your direction and supervision.
Education & Experience
- Graduate of accredited LPN/LVN School of Nursing.
- At least one (1) year nursing experience preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education or special preparation or experience in gerontological nursing and/or long term care nursing desirable.
- Current valid LPN/LVN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- Participates with members of the interdisciplinary team to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate residents care. Documents the residents condition and nursing needs accurately and in a timely manner. Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents promptly to RN. Provides oncoming shift and supervisors with accurate and complete resident status report. Maintains 24 hour report book. Receives and records physicians orders.
- Communicate staffing problems and needs to the Nursing Manger. Provides input on staffing ratios and deployment. Coordinates, directs and evaluates staff (i.e., Medication Aides/ Medication Techs, Nurse Aides, etc.) as directed. Participates in counseling, disciplinary action and termination of staff to the extent permitted by the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Assures compliance with policies and procedures. Reports problems and complaints timely to to the Nurse Manager. Provides feedback to Nurse Managers regarding performance of Nurse Aides.
- Assists in data collection for admission, transfer and discharge of residents and provides the information to the Nurse Manager.
- Maintains positive working relationships between nursing and other departments.
- Adheres to professional codes of ethics, Concordia's Standards of Conduct and maintains PHI confidentiality in the center and in external locations, including electronic social networks.
- Provides direct care and/or assists with care as directed and consistent with their scope of practice and competency. Initiate the SBAR process and collaborate with the RN for assessment and recommendations. Makes rounds with physicians and other team members as needed.
- Reviews, transcribes, communicates and implements physician orders, obtaining RN signature as required by State Regulations. Communicates with resident's physician. Assists with emergencies, administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Documents care performed and observations of resident status in the clinical record promptly by utilizing standard clinical documentation guidelines as required Concordia, and local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in medication management to promote optimal safety and effectiveness for residents by: Administering medications as ordered, including next schedules dose following admission/readmission. Notify Supervisor of medications not available; Preparing, administering and documenting medications as prescribed; Observing and reporting resident responses to medication; identifying and promptly communicating adverse drug reactions; Maintaining narcotic records accurately within scope of practice; Responsible for completing medication interchange and insurance prior to authorization as assigned; Ordering or arranging for ordering pharmaceuticals; Notifying physicians of automatic stop orders; Competes recapitulated physician orders review as assigned; Notifying supervisors of discrepancies in drug inventories; Cleans, organizes and replenished supplies on to medication/treatment carts after each use and prior to shift change.
- Communicates educational needs to staff to Director of Staff Development and Supervisors. Provides individual and/or unit education to residents/families and staff based upon need and within scope of practice.
- Assures resident safety while performing job responsibilities and functions.
Concordia Care provides equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, military status, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Concordia Care is a Drug Free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- LTC: 1 year
- Healthcare: 1 year
- nursing: 1 year
- skilled nursing facility: 1 year
- High school or equivalent