Leidos is seeking a seasoned Military /Government professional for our Senior Naval Asia/Pacific Analyst position in Englewood Colorado .
Conduct research and analysis of complex and national security issues focused on naval assets and operations at the DoD and US Navy strategic, force development, operational and policy levels. Position requires extensive experience in the analysis of naval force employment, deployment, and force composition issues at the strategic, operational, and tactical levels in the Asian/Pacific region. Requisite requirement is the ability to immediately contribute to the process of preparing and delivering analytical products to senior-level personnel in the US government. Focus of the position is on the Asia Pacific area of operations.
Conduct research and analysis; prepare briefings and technical reports, brief government customers on research and findings. Interact with Government customers in meetings and seminars.
- Master Degree or Ph.D. degree in a field of strategic studies, international studies, decision sciences, or physical sciences and 10 or more years of overall experience .
- Expertise in naval systems/operations in the Asian/Pacific region.
- Fifteen to 20+ years of Navy experience up to command-level operational background at the senior staff level, preferably at PACOM or the OPNAV Staff. -Knowledgeable of day-to-day operations within the Navy and DoD and conversant with a broad range of Navy and DoD defense and intelligence professionals.
- Able to analyze a variety of national security topics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a diverse team of highly trained multi-disciplinary analysts - sometimes in a leadership role.
- Comfortable in preparing and delivering detailed, oral presentations derived from research and analysis to senior DOD officials
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
Applicant must meet one of three security clearance criteria:
- Have an extensive existing network of contacts throughout the Navy, DoD and intelligence communities allowing for the immediate substantive interaction with appropriate organizations is desirable but not required.
- Understanding of Asian/Pacific regional issues from a navy operational perspective.
- Advanced degree in operations research, systems analysis, systems engineering, applied mathematics, or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- Work experience as Attaché/FAO at USDAO, US Embassy, China, Japan or Asian/Pacific locations.
1) have and active SECRET clearance; 2) have SECRET eligibility based on a previous access debrief date within the last two years; or, 3) accept an offer based on a contingency that they must be able to obtain Interim SECRET clearance within 45 days from date of the offer.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.