Title: Human Resources Generalist
Temporary position (4 months-contract)
Provide support and assistance to the Center Manager and Human Resources Manager in all aspects of the Human Resources & Payroll functions.
Confidentiality & HR Policy / Procedure:
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive employee information including but not limited to case details
- Maintain a working knowledge of HR policies / procedures
- Provide general advice on HR policies
HR Records & Reporting:
- Update the Human Resources Information System with all required employee information to meet Human Resources and Payroll timelines
- Provide details of all new employees and separated employees to meet required Corporate Human Resources and Corporate Payroll timelines
- Produce reports from the Human Resources Information System as required
- Maintain personnel files
- Arrange and conduct employee Exit Interviews and collate reporting as required
- Process new employee details & update employee changes in the payroll system & reporting matrix
- Review time cards and other appropriate information/data against Workforce Management system to ensure accuracy
- Ensure all entries are up-to-date prior to the processing of payroll
- Maintain sick leave in the reporting matrix
- Process accurate monthly incentive payments
- Maintain accurate records and filing
- Handle employee payroll enquiries
- Process termination of employment
Assist with benefit enrollments and terminations.
- Accurate and timely filing of records
- Ad-hoc project work as required
- Other reasonable duties as required
NB: The required level of each competency is determined by the responsibilities of the role.
- Degree and/or certification related to Human Resources
Experience & Knowledge
- Previous payroll experience (desirable)
- Call Center experience (desirable)
- Administration experience
- An awareness of Human Resources practices
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Verbal and written communication
- PC Skills
- Attention to Detail
Standards of Behavior
Equal Employment Opportunity Respect
Occupational Health & Safety OH&S
Open Book Management
Code of Conduct
Policies & Procedures
Comply with the principles of Stellar’s Respect Program by treating all others with respect and consideration.
Take reasonable care to ensure your own health & safety at work and that of any other person & by cooperating with management in the keeping of a safe work place.
Practice Open Book Management principles in line with Stellar’s philosophy.
Comply with Stellar’s Code of Conduct.
Comply with Stellar’s policies & procedures.
Comply with Stellar’s confidentiality requirements.
Employees are expected to act responsibly & in the best interest of Stellar – our shareholders, our clients and other employees
- We are positive in approach & offer solutions to challenges to encourage continuous improvement
- We encourage good team spirit & productivity
- We develop effective & supportive relationships through open communication & treating others with respect
- Honesty & integrity are vital and we genuinely care for the interest & welfare of colleagues
- We are not preoccupied with personal gains
- We are comfortable in managing/working in an environment that encourages employees to openly challenge and question decisions, and are capable of communicating the “why”.
- We are comfortable in a non-hierarchical environment & not driven by traditional symbols of status
- We naturally align to the principles of Open Book Management (OBM)
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Payroll: 2 years
- Call Center: 2 years
- Administrative Support: 2 years
- Human Resources: 2 years