THE ROLE: RETAIL TEAM MEMBER (GEORGETOWN)
What you'll do:
- Provide a high level of customer service and hospitality: You will get the chance to interact with all kinds of people. We have a steady stream of regulars as well as people who travel from all over the world to try our products
- Maintain product knowledge of all of our baked goods, sandwiches and pizzas: Be an expert in all things Levain and be ready to offer informed suggestions to our customers
- Take initiative, be proactive and ask questions: We are always looking to develop people and teach new skills- show us that you are interested!
- Be a team player and a positive influence on your coworkers: Our people are at the core of our success- our staff supports one another and genuinely enjoys the time they spend together
- Stay calm and composed under pressure and have a good sense of humor along the way!
Dynamic work environment with a warm and supportive team
Health, vision, dental insurance with employer-funded HRA
Additional supplemental benefits: commuter benefits, dependent care account, etc.
Paid time off
401K with company match
Opportunity for career development
Competitive swimmers and triathletes, Pam Weekes and Connie McDonald passed their grueling workouts by engaging in passionate conversations about starting their own company and baking, which ultimately inspired them to leave their respective careers in fashion and finance. They opened a small bread shop in 1995, which they named Levain Bakery.
One day, they created an ultimate chocolate chip walnut cookie to give them energy while training for a triathlon. They decided to sell a batch in their bakery, and they flew off the shelves. An icon was born. The cozy shop on West 74th Street quickly became a neighborhood favorite and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world, hungry for the world-famous six-ounce cookies.
From the start they baked everything fresh on-site each day and donated the day’s leftovers to charity each night, actions that remain solidly in place over 25 years later. Levain Bakery now has locations across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic with more to come, plus ecommerce gift boxes.
We strive every day to embody our company’s five core values:
Welcome All- we are all in it together
Work Hard and Be Nice- we go above and beyond
Lead with Heart- we do the right thing
Rise Up- we are proactive
Savor It- we are present and find the fun!