Core One ( http://www.core1group.com/ ) seeks an entry-level or recent graduate Accounting Associate who will be part of an energetic and motivated team that directly impacts the growth and success of our organization. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, will be able to provide a broad range of finance and accounting support, is highly attentive to detail, and is driven to improve processes and procedures.
- Process mid-month and month-end billing and invoices for all assigned projects
- Process all subcontractor and independent contractor invoices and vendor accounts payables
- Conduct project budget and cost analysis
- Analyze performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities
- Provide input on process improvements and drive automation of our reporting processes
- Work closely with company leadership to analyze and understand financial results
- Create ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis to address specific requests from the leadership team or clients
- Assist with calculating indirect rate pools and post labor distributions
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
- Reconcile discrepancies and variances through research and analysis
- Create and maintain core/standardized reports using Excel and other cost tools
- Develop ad hoc reports for internal customers
- Provide information and support for internal and external audits
- Identify areas of opportunity to become more efficient in processes and reporting
- Create and document processes and procedures to ensure consistency of practice
- Perform all functions within the parameters of Accounting and Finance operations policies and procedures
- Serve as back-up for other management staff
- Assists with other assignments and/or special projects as requested
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP with strong General Accounting skills
- A high level of proficiency in Excel required
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- An ability to partner with non-accounting stakeholders to provide analysis and support
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Min 1 year of experience in accounting for a govcon company
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
About Core One
Our mission is to be at the forefront of devising analytical, operational and technical solutions to our Nation's most complex national security challenges. In order to achieve our mission, Core One values people first and is comprised of outstanding professionals from the national security community. Because Core One is committed to seeking top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In addition, Core One is a team-oriented, dynamic and growing company that values exceptional performance.
Core One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.