- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years’ experience working in music programming, music supervision, or other related music-centric creative role.
- Knack for turning analysis into recommendations.
- Deep and broad knowledge of music and pop culture
- Ability to juggle multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment while delivering outstanding results.
- Ability to set clear expectations with internal and external partners.
- Able to balance long-term strategic work with day-to-day execution
- Ability to confidently and effectively interact with counterparts of any level at partner companies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Can deliver results autonomously, yet knows how to take advantage of available support.
Job description. Amazon Music Voice Programmer
Love music? Want to dive deep into the many ways our customers can discover and enjoy all kinds of music? From the latest releases to the deepest cuts, Amazon Music is using the latest innovations in voice technology to create the ultimate musical experience for fans everywhere.
Our ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of new and catalogue music that extends to multiple genres and sub-genres. They should be experienced in curation, music-obsessed, and happy spending time deep in music. They should also be comfortable analyzing and taking action based on customer behavior; owning entire work streams end-to-end; developing content strategies; and managing delivery of projects.
You should be prepared to create process where none exists, then use that process to see what new experiences you can build next. You’ll collaborate with other team members to brainstorm, edit, and enhance the customer experience with streaming music.
This highly visible role will interface with senior leaders, marketing and PR, product managers, and developers, so you must be able to play well with others in a fast-moving work environment. Specific expertise in the following genres is desirable: Pop, Country, Dance, Rock, Hip-hop. Previous music industry, publishing, and/or voice technology experience is strongly preferred.
This role will specifically support voice programming, and will work closely with our music curation team. We are a dynamic, fast-moving, music-loving team of data nerds focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, access more from their favorite established musicians, and contribute to the many ways music enhances and enriches their lives. To support this, we build systems that are distributed on a large scale-spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Alexa-enabled devices. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and we represent this diversity in our products.
This role will be based in Seattle.
- Experience with SQL; Excel, Tableau, and/or other BI tools
- Demonstrated experience in driving process and tool improvements
- A network of industry contacts
- Flexible and nimble, able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
- Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
- Ability to set aside personal biases to create content for a specific audience without ego
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.