Monday - Friday, 7A - 4P
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Administrative Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the CEO, Executive management staff and Arkansas Urology Physicians by handling information requests and performing administrative functions such as correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings. The Administrative Assistant also functions as lead for Physician recruitment.
The Administrative Assistant has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Administrative Assistant has the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The AA serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external staff and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in strategic direction of the organization. Administrative liaison with physicians and staff.
2. Answers and screen calls for the CEO; takes messages and routes callers to the appropriate personnel; answers questions and provides information to the callers and visitors.
3. Receives and sorts incoming departmental mail; review incoming mail for the CEO; distributes mail to appropriate staff; prepares outgoing mail.
4. Operates a computer with database, Outlook, spreadsheets, Power Point and word processing software.
5. Maintains appointment calendar for the CEO. Schedule and cancel appointments for conference calls, meetings and events; ensures distribution of calendar to appropriate departmental personnel.
6. Makes travel arrangements for the CEO, Physicians and Executive Staff; register CEO, physicians and APPs for seminar, conferences onsite and offsite meetings (flights, hotels, rental cars). Process all travel related documentation and submit receipts and documentation to the accounting department.
7. Schedule meetings, including securing meeting rooms and making catering and other arrangements for meetings called by the CEO and Physicians. Notifies appropriate individuals of scheduled meetings; attends meetings as Departmental representative as required and provides follow up information to the CEO.
8. Establishes and maintains confidential files and records for the CEO; establishes and maintains various hard copy and computer files and records of the CEO's activities, attendance records, programs and related documents.
9. Conducts research, compiles information and prepares various reports and manages special projects as assigned.
10. Attends meetings, events, and activities as assigned by the CEO; represents the company by serving on committees and activities relating to Arkansas Urology.
11. Serves as an Event Coordinator to include event planning, on-site set-up and hosting the Arkansas Urology events. Responsible for logistics including room setup, reservations, decorations, entertainment, and ordering food.
12. Manages and oversees multiple projects concurrently; anticipate and track critical dates, events and organizational issues for the CEO. Follow up with appropriate parties to ensure deadlines are met.
13. Support staff of expirables as appropriate. (i.e. DEA, License, CMEs).
14. Enters all data in the appropriate databases assuring accuracy and completeness.
15. Organizes and maintains paper and electronic flies as required.
16. Maintains a working knowledge for ASMC and ASNB standards as well as of the Medical Staff bylaws and applicable hospital policies to ensure compliance.
17. Exemplifies a culture of excellence and customer service in all processes with all internal and external customers and all external representation of Arkansas Urology and Centerview Surgery Center. Serves as support staff for credentialing of internal counterparts, providers and external contacts.
18. Manages activities to develop and improve materials, policies, and procedures to support day to day operations.
19. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Basic: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Contact Management
Skills required for an Administrative Assistant:
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Program planning and implementation skills.
Ability to analyze, interpret and draw inferences from research findings, and prepare reports. Working knowledge of clinical and/or hospital operations and procedures.
Informational research skills.
Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information. Database management skills including querying, reporting, and document generation.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments. Working knowledge of clinical and/or hospital operations and procedures.