Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you're part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U's internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with senior executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
This is a part-time (15-20 hours a week), spring (January 27 - April 24) paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/lifeat2u/ ) and Twitter ( https://twitter.com/Lifeat2U ) to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
Program Services Teams
Program services teams are focused on maximizing student retention, facilitating field experiences, training and supporting faculty, supporting students enrolled in our partner University programs, and ensuring post-graduation success.
To accomplish these objectives and support the student life cycle, Program Services teams provide white glove customer service and proactive coaching to students, faculty and university partners that drive incredible in-class and in-field learning outcomes.
Key role and responsibilities:
Things that should be in your background:
- Provide assistance in project management, run reports, and manage data entry and data maintenance
- Assist in the optimization of the student pipeline and create admittance packages
- Support the needs of students enrolled in our University partner programs and the professors who manage lectures and group discussions
- Partner with site locations to identify quality internship placements for enrolled students
- Conduct internal and external stakeholder communication
Other attributes that will help you in this role:
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a bachelors or masters degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research and understand technical documents
- Focus on achieving defined results by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues, and be flexible
These are just some of the benefits:
- Strong interest in student and faculty satisfaction with a commitment to customer service
- Familiarity with online learning technology
- Familiarity with customer databases or tracking software
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ:
- Sought-after industry experience
- Team and company events
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in the office
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it's our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It's Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that's both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.