Widelity, Inc., a professional services company based in Fairfax, VA, requires a Senior Engineer, Inbuilding Wireless for a work from home position in the Washington D.C. Metro area. This is a wide-ranging rewarding position for a hands-on technical professional. This position will lead the deployment effort for indoor wireless projects through design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and AHJ/wireless service providers integration and approval.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Design and deployment of indoor neutral host and/or P25 public safety distributed antenna or small cell applications.
- Design and deployment of Private LTE OnGo networks including custom use case applications which may include IoT devices and multi-edge computing technologies.
- Project management of indoor wireless projects. These could be P25 public safety, 4G/5G cellular, WIFI, OnGo (CBRS), or a combination of technologies.
- Coordinate with AHJ for proper design and permitting of P25 public safety repeater systems.
- Coordinate with electrical contractor and general contractor for access, schedule, trouble resolution, and cable pathway coordination.
- Submit orders for equipment to vendors and manage the materials procurement and logistics process from order to delivery.
- Manage sub-contractor manpower, scheduling, and logistics.
- Maintain appropriate level of communications and status updates with key stakeholders.
Senior Engineer, Inbuilding Wireless Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of engineering, network design, and or technical project management experience with indoor wireless technologies such as neutral host distributed antenna systems (DAS), small cells, WIFI, or P25 public safety.
- Verifiable experience with iBwave indoor propagation design tool is required - a minimum of Level 2 certification or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and implementation experience with IP networking – configuring routers and switches, implementing IP subnets and port forwarding, configuring VLANs.
- Comfortable working on construction site where hardhat, work boots, and attention to site safety protocols must be observed and followed.
- Some exposure to hot, cold, damp, dusty conditions on a construction site should be expected as well as physical ability to climb stairs, ladders, and haul gear and tools around a construction site.
- Previous experience operating autonomously as a supervisor or subject matter expert. Ability to take charge and problem-solve in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of passive RF devices and their operation and application including couplers, splitters, tappers, hybrids, diplexers, RF filters, etc.
- Knowledge of NFPA codes for public safety indoor repeater design and implementation.
- Previous experience working for or with commercial wireless carriers such as T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T.
- Basic understanding of LTE cellular technology, frequency bands of operation, and the evolution from 3G to 5G.
- Desire for continuous learning and new challenges.
Experience with any of the below listed tools and systems would be beneficial for the Senior Engineer, Inbuilding Wireless candidateto have:
- JMA TEKO DAS, X-RAN
- ADRF PSR78-95nn Repeater, ASR repeater, ADXV DAS
- Comba public safety repeater
- Corning One DAS, SpiderCloud small cells
- CommScope ERA
- Cel-Fi Nextivity
- Ubiquiti routers and switches
- Anritsu SiteMaster for cable sweeps and portable spectrum analyzer
- Various tools for wireless coverage benchmarking and acceptance testing
Widelity, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- engineering, network design, or technical PM: 5 years (Required)
- iBwave Level 2 certification or equivalent experience (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible