You make digital products more intuitive, easy to use, and aesthetically pleasing for the user. You possess meticulous attention to detail and a passion for creating human-centered solutions for complex problems. You’re in your element working closely with other designers, developers, strategists, product owners, and users. You’re an excellent communicator and look forward to presenting your design decisions to your peers and clients. You have the ability to balance the requirements and business goals of a product while remaining attentive to the needs of users. You believe in strategic design principles and aim to create a cohesive user experience in everything you design.
Assess the current state and make recommendations on IA strategies to better organize, structure and label information on a complex government website. Analyze the development of future-state roadmaps or project plans, including research, architecture, taxonomy, testing, and detailed design activities. Guide and support data analysis and user testing with the aim of helping visitors find what they are looking for and complete tasks on the site. Organize site content into taxonomies and information hierarchies and develop standards for metadata. Develop organizational schemas, labeling systems, and navigation flows. Develop wireframes, prototypes, presentations, requirements, and design treatments. Participate in ongoing IA projects focused on incremental improvements to site sub sections. Coordinate with design, user experience, and content strategy workstreams.
Nice If You Have:
- 7+ years of experience with providing information architecture support for public facing websites
- 5+ years of experience with consulting or providing direct support to a client
- 1+ years of experience with using wireframing and prototyping tools, including InVision, Sketch, Axure, or Omnigraffle
- Public Trust clearance
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years of experience with leading project teams
- Experience with Drupal 8
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Optimal Workshop/TreeJack
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Ability to quickly develop effective working relationships
- Ability to work both independently and under direct supervision
- Possession of excellent organizational skills, including handling competing priorities
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Public Trust clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.