Principal Product Manager-18000R70
Product Manager for Oracle Cloud Caching Services
- Work with development to define requirements and ensure successful delivery
- Drive service and product pricing and licensing
- Coordinate delivery of new services and customer-facing deliverables
- Represent the product - produce go to market materials, deliver field training and customer presentations
- Manage interactions and relationships with key customers to drive adoption
- Help guide and navigate integration with other Oracle services
- Hands-on experience with Elasticache-like services and/or products
- Working with developers on services used by other services
- Understanding the caching / distributed caching space
- Redis / Memcached vs. Data Grids (Coherence, Gridgain/Apache Ignite, Gemstone / Apache Geode, Hazelcast)
- NoSQL (Cassandra, Mongo, )
- Other Key/Value (etcd)
- Service/product coverage
- Redis Service
- State Service
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a Director in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. The ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 of software engineering or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.