Busy Fire Suppression Company in North Hollywood is seeking a full time Office Manager to administer and oversee company operations. In this Hybrid Role you will be responsible for human resources management, bi-weekly in-house payroll processing using QBs Enterprise for 20+ employees, along with overseeing the financial picture of the company. Construction experience highly desired.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process bi-weekly payroll using QBs Enterprise for 20+ employees
- Process garnishments, tax withholdings changes, and various payroll deductions (including benefit deductions) as directed by employees and/or local/state/federal requirements
- Process all new hires and terminations per company policy and procedure
- Process workers compensation insurance – monthly reporting and annual audits
- Ensure timely filing of all monthly, quarterly and year end payroll reporting as applicable (local/state/federal)
- Coordinate, respond, appeal and monitor unemployment claims as directed
- Respond to employment verification requests
- Address questions from employees and/or management related to company policies such as time off, leave of absence, holiday pay, etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of company handbook and policies and procedures and work with risk manager on any interpretation of company policy that is not specifically defined (i.e. harassment, disciplinary action, termination, etc.)
- Maintain communications with employees related to payroll and/or human resources changes/notifications (system changes, new policies/procedures, benefits announcements, etc.)
- Maintain employee files/human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications/titles, pay increases, etc.
- Track all employee paid time off – used and accrued, in accordance with company policy
- Attend payroll training courses as required to ensure understanding of any system changes or processes
- Document human resource actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records
- Ensure company is meeting minimum compliance requirements inclusive of reporting requirements for items such as federal and state laws related to harassment training, employment eligibility verifications (I-9 forms), equal employment opportunity reporting, etc.
- Document and maintain written procedures for various processes, including payroll, timecard tracking, benefits administration, new hire and terminations, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information (payroll, employee, benefits, etc.)
- Manage Company Vehicle Fleet
- Prepare and Review Financial Statements: Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually
- Work Closely with Company CPA
- Manage companywide cash flow
- Prepare and process A/P checks by due dates
- Resolve A/P discrepancies
- Obtain and maintain vendor W-9s and insurance
- Prepare and Maintain Certificates of Insurance for Customers
- Attend Bi-Weekly Projects Meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 5+ years Office Management in Construction
- Human Resources and Accounting Management Experience
- Payroll Processing Experience
- Extensive understanding of payroll taxes at Federal, State and Local levels
- Experienced QBs user
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with benefits administration
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess the ability to multitask and manage conflicting priorities and have a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a great opportunity for the Hybrid Manager who enjoys having multiple roles and responsibilities, along with the opportunity to learn something new every day. We offer medical benefits, holiday and paid time off. Please submit your resume, 3 professional reference, desired salary, and a cover letter letting us know why you would be a good match for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- office management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- North Hollywood, CA (Preferred)