Prime Now Part-Time Assistant Manager
At Amazon, our motto is “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.” This position offers an exciting opportunity to make history by becoming a founding member of a team whose purpose is to solve complex challenges and to create unprecedented customer experiences on a daily basis. We’re looking for creative leaders with a passion for innovation, knack for problem solving, and a passion to create world class customer experiences that will change the face of commerce.
You will be a part of a team that will be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. You’ll work with highly skilled operators and program managers inventing and iterating to design the most effective operational and delivery processes. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You’ll be able to interface directly with customers in a way almost no one else in the industry can. You’ll lead a team of problem-solving associates to become owners and to reach challenging goals. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced and dynamic environment.
Five key areas that you’ll always focus on are safety, quality, customer experience, productivity, and fun.
On a daily basis, you can expect to:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Review the work forecasts and determine productivity and utilization requirements to meet the overall building objectives daily.
- Partner with Central Teams to coordinate logistics between Amazon Fulfillment Centers and service providers, ensuring timely flow of goods in and out of facilities and helping meet customer order times.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Balance labor, ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all production goals.
- Embrace a start-up mentality and emphasize “have fun.”
You are responsible for ensuring your people are properly trained, and prepared to focus on their jobs. You will implement and administer Amazon policies – including attendance tracking – fairly and consistently. This means motivating, coaching, reporting, and providing feedback on associates’ performance – including productivity, quality, and safety - as a means for achieving or exceeding Amazon expectations. The Assistant Manager will address discipline and/or performance issues for fulfillment center associates and partner with site leadership on developmental actions to drive improvements.
Key Job Elements:
- Coordinate physical and virtual workflows, or flow of orders and materials to ensure products are shipped on time to meet customer delivery promise
- Partner with Central Dispatch teams to assist in handling exceptions created through the execution of daily load planning
- Monitor system-generated routing solutions and make decisions on deliveries outside of the normal routing matrix
- Communicate changes to order-batching strategy to ensure efficiency while protecting customer experience
- Allocate labor from various sources, lead meetings, direct and assign job duties for fulfillment center associates
- Perform in-depth problem solving in all areas to ensure successful and continuous operations
- Train, audit, and support FC Associates to perform Amazon standard operating procedures and use standard Amazon equipment and software
- Ensure fulfillment center associates have the proper tools to perform their jobs and coordinate repair or replacement when needed
- Communicate with internal and external suppliers using all communication channels available
- Report and escalate systemic issues to management as necessary and in a timely manner
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures according to Amazon practices
- Participate in initiatives to ensure Safety and Operational Excellence
- Identify, address and resolve safety hazards within the Fulfillment Center
- Support and work in all areas of the fulfillment center as required and as determined by site management
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Direct leadership experience for employees in a retail, distribution, or logistics environment
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and or evenings with a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Demonstrated ability to use computer and wireless technology
- A completed Associate’s Degree or technical certification from an accredited institution in engineering, operations, or related field
- Experience in transportation industry is a plus
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to problem solve and prioritize with little guidance
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels of associates and management
- Knowledge of existing Amazon Warehouse Management systems or equivalent
- Experience leading kaizen or continuous improvement events
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet/ gender identity/sexual orientation