Manages various areas of responsibility within the operation: specifically Hospitality, Guest Satisfaction, Safety, Cleanliness, Drink Presentation and Atmosphere. Assists Management to ensure operations run efficiently and according to company policy and standards. Ensures vendors and suppliers are properly compensated and are meeting the needs of the business. Assists Management in the selection of employees. Supports the training and development of restaurant employees. Manages performance of all hourly employees, to ensure they are successful in their individual roles. Responsible for assisting in the completion of general business administration to include payroll, human resources, marketing and financial reporting. Promotes the business, builds sales, increases profits, ensure guest satisfaction, and brand integrity. The Hourly Shift Leader embraces the company’s core values: Show You Care, Elevate the Spirit, Respect Everyone, Values Feedback, and Exceeds Expectations.
While overseeing the operation of the Business the Hourly Shift Leader’s Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Train staff members (alongside the GM). Ensure all training materials are updated and available. Grade all tests with trainees; have them re-test if necessary…File all tests in employee’s file.
- Complete new hire paperwork and send to proper department, setup new employees in POS System
- Review and discuss all shopper reports with all employees (if applicable)
- Enter Assigned schedules and “Complete” (do not Post) by Friday each week. Follow Templates and Budgets set by the Immediate Supervisor.
- Discuss inventory issues with staff each week.
- Train staff continuously on all products. Work with other Managers to ensure service staff is trained on new menu Items
- Fill out daily prep. Be proactive, know what is on special and don’t run out. Have a system in place so all managers know how to do orders, utilizing those par levels.
- Ensure all orders for food, beer, wine (where applicable) and paper are placed each week.
- Maintain cleaning lists. Follow up with staff to ensure they are following the lists.
- Ensure all equipment in kitchen is in good working order. Communicate any issues with the GM. Check behind any Preventative Maintenance work done on equipment; communicate with the vendors to improve service. Communicate any issues with the GM and Regional Manager.
- Seek feedback from the staff and managers
- Ensure all line spec books, prep recipe books, and line checks are accurate and up to date. Ensure that line checks are complete twice a day, and recipes are being followed 100%.
- Performance Management
- Hiring & Retaining Talent
- Leadership & Coaching
- Training & Development
- Guest Service & Atmosphere
- Guest Satisfaction
- Food & Beverage Quality
- Menu & Product Launches
- Deliver Results
- Planning & Execution
- Inventory Control
- Responsible Alcohol Service (When Applicable)
- Food Safety/Sanitation
- Hourly Staff
- Facility Maintenance & Cleanliness
- Safety & Security
- Scheduling & Staffing
- Proper Cash Handling
- Team Building
- Internal Standards Audits
- Manage Vendor Relationships
- To Go Service & Catering
- Local Store/Grassroots Marketing Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
- General knowledge in full service restaurant operations/ hospitality industry
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service & hospitality environment
- Strong coaching skills
- Intermediate mathematical computations skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- High School Diploma/GED
- Full Service Restaurant Exp. in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Successfully Completed BGR Management Development Program
- Team Player - Develops a positive, respectful, productive and professional work environment through positive connections with others and treats all associates and vendors with respect and dignity
- Talent Coach - Continuously develops the competencies of both self and others; identifies needs for top talent while managing root cause for underperforming employees
- Customer Focus - Delivers legendary service that meets and exceeds all customers' expectations and leverages the voice of the customer to consistently improve service, standards, cleanliness, quality, and friendliness
- Results Driven - Consistently meets and exceeds goals, exhibits professional courage and innovation to drive the business forward
- Business Acumen - Creates and communicates a persuasive vision, competitive winning strategies, and ensures store and individual goals are aligned with company goals