Hiring an Experienced Mechanic (Sterling)
D&B Rentals is looking to hire an experienced mechanic, who has worked on small tools and large equipment. We are an equipment rental company in Sterling, Virginia. The candidate D&B Rentals is looking to hire has good work ethic, has a willingness to learn new machines, and is accustomed to the mechanic’s trade. This position will encompass a variety of functions that are critical to the company.
Some of the duties will include routine maintenance of machines, instructing customers, loading & unloading, repairs, abiding by company procedures and regulations. This is a full-time position where the work load can be from 40-50 hours a week; employees can even expect to get 40 hours a week even in slow months
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Communicates with fellow employees about broken equipment, repairs that need to be made, timelines and costs.
- Services rental equipment when it comes back from rentals and before it goes out.
- Makes major and minor repairs to equipment.
- Will be required at times to travel to job sites to make repairs.
- Maintains log books of repairs done during the day and week.
- Performs Duties in compliance with Company safety standards.
- Reports Safety violations to managers.
- Attends department, store, and safety meetings.
- Will assist customers with loading and unloading equipment when necessary. Will also need to demonstrate usage and safety features of equipment when needed.
- Filling of customers propane tanks from time to time.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- United States Driver’s License.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Skilled in Mechanics operations.
- Ability to communicate in English coherently and write legibly.
- Aptitude to operate a computer.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to follow through on tasks.
- Customer service aptitude.
- Multitasking and being able to maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take direction.
- Mechanical skill.
- Welding experience.
- Electrical proficiency.
- Ability to communicate.
- Willing to learn.
- *Resumes Required*
- Must own have tools.
- Minimum 5 years of mechanical experience.
- Mechanic Experience must come from working on one of the following: Gasoline, Diesel, Kerosene, Propane and/or Electrical machines.
- Understanding in Scissor lifts, boom lifts, AWP’s favored.
- Welding skill preferred.
- Must be able to work with and around propane.
- Can lift 90lbs on a regular basis along with being able to squat, crouch, reach, walk, climb, and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work 2-3 Saturdays a month, along with some occasional overtime.
- Will have daily exposure to the elements, along with interaction involving gasoline, diesel, kerosene, propane, cleaning agents, and more.
- Work hours range from (Monday-Friday: 6:30AM - 5:30PM). (Saturday: 7:30AM - 12:30PM).
- Must be able to speak English coherently and write legibly.
- Secondary language is a plus.
Benefits Offered in the Position:
- Medical, Vision, Dental insurance optional after the first 90 days.
- Vacation after the first full year of employment.
- Company Uniforms.
- Monthly Bonus Program
- Extensive on the job training for all employees.
*This job description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, accompanying or similar duties which may be performed from day to day. All job duties must be performed according to D&B Rentals Safety policies and guidelines.
*This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognize basis including but not limited to Veteran Status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical disability, mental disability and or age.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- mechanical: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Sterling, VA 20166 (Preferred)
- United States Drivers (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Customer service
- Computer literacy
- Diesel engines
- Mechanic experience
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift