Do you have experience in C-Suite B2B event production? If you’re an organized and topic driven producer with extensive knowledge in alternative finance, private equity, VC &/or financial services and love working in a fast-paced, deadline driven working environment then we’d like for you to apply.
Buyouts Insider, the leading source of trusted information and community for Private Equity and Venture Capital professionals since 1961 – and now part of global alternative assets information provider, PEI Media, is seeking a Senior Conference Producer. In this role, you will conceive and execute production for the popular Partner Connect conference series including P&L management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with the Events director you will produce and deliver high quality budgeted events. Primary duties will include:
- To work as part of the Partner Connect Events team to lead production and deliver high quality Private Equity conferences for senior LPs, GPs and service providers throughout the US, across the calendar year.
- To research and analyze the feasibility of developing potential conference topics into commercially viable events.
- To communicate in person, by phone and email with key industry figures to determine the validity of proposed topics, sub-themes, timing and location
- To create a comprehensive topic briefing document for all events which among other things will outline:
- An overview of your proposed agenda and topics within. Plus, the agendas validity as a standalone event
- An account of the likelihood that the event will encourage the participation of paying delegates.
- The highlights of the current issues faced by the industry
- To identify potential speakers and resource persons
- To identify key issues which will be addressed by the event
- To research all possible events covering the proposed topic(s) to analyze potential conflicts in dates or overexposure
- To highlight possible sponsors to this event
- To plan for a post-conference Internal report
- To construct the conference program, invite speakers, liaise with speakers to ensure attendance, organize or assist in the organizing of the event, and to attend to all matters relating to and/or ancillary to the successful conducting of the event.
- To liaise and assist the work of all event divisional staff (Sales, marketing and operations) as they pertain to each conference.
- Liaising with marketing officers to intelligently set event marketing, promotion, publicity, sales and related campaigns.
- Liaising with speakers throughout the conference production cycle
- Assisting with direct sales for attendance to prospective delegates and for potential sponsors, when required.
- Assist in any logistics planning, pre-event logistics management, as well as on-site and post-event logistics.
- Along with the Event Director Control budgeting, financial and cash management for your events.
- Ensure the receipt by Event director of evaluation reports by attendees to events and to analyze these reactions, reporting to management, and using such information to influence future events and programs.
- Carrying out post-event analysis for management’s assessment and reports.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Self-Motivated and Goal Orientated
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong editing skills (writing samples required)
- Experience in working within an entrepreneurial and driven environment
- Ability to use a domestic and international network of contacts for agenda and commercial purposes
- Demonstrable expertise in budgeting and managing projects to tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic and attention to quality and detail
- Ability to solve problems and successfully engage with appropriate technical and internal resources
- Ability to juggle multiple production projects through highly effective organizational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly and effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in producing high quality B2B events and conferences preferably in private Equity and/or Financial Services.
- Excellent knowledge of developments in the Private Equity Sector and wider financial markets.
- Experience working within a CRM system such as salesforce a plus
Buyouts Insider with offices in midtown Manhattan is a PEI Media business and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time
- Private Equity: 3 years (Required)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- P&L Management: 5 years (Required)
- Event Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly