UPMC Jameson is hiring a Discharge Planning Coordinator to join the Clinical Care Coordination Team! This full-time role will work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with no weekends, holidays, on call, or travel required. Candidates with a background in/knowledge of the medical field and/or social work are encouraged to apply!
The Discharge Planning Coordinator is a support role that provides clerical support to the department staff, assistance with audits, patient interviews, and other relevant tasks. This position does not provide direct patient care but may interact with patients and their families.
- Performs tasks delegated by Discharge Planning staff including clerical tasks such as copying or faxing as well as non-clinical tasks required to develop and execute a safe and effective discharge plan.
- Provides forms, resources, and other information required as part of discharge plan to the patient/caregivers as directed by Discharge Planning staff.
- Utilizes electronic medical records and technology programs to complete chart reviews, collect data, document progress, track communication, and other tasks as indicated.
- Serves as a contact between patients and discharge planning staff.
- Gather and arrange the necessary materials to enable patient discharge. Order supplies/equipment for patient-specific needs as identified by clinical team.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies and complies with regulatory and HIPPA requirements.
- Reports information in a clear, timely, and concise manner; Alerts Discharge Planning team of concerns related to plan of care and barriers to discharge.
- Assists Discharge Planning team with questions and troubleshooting that arise.
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required.Excellent communication skills. Strong organization and prioritization skills. Skilled at multi-tasking. Willingness to learn. Takes initiative. Good time management. Basic to proficient computer skills. Comfortable working both independently and as a team member. Ability to take direction.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran