Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:
GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally-focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer Prize-winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes The USA TODAY NETWORK, which includes USA TODAY, and local media organizations in 43 states in the United States, and Newsquest, a wholly-owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom. We also own digital marketing services companies under the brand LocaliQ, which provide a cloud-based platform of products to enable small and medium-sized businesses to accomplish their marketing goals. In addition, our portfolio includes one of the largest media-owned events businesses in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
Gannett open roles are featured on various external job boards. When applying to a position at Gannett, you should be completing an application on Gannett Careers via Dayforce. Job postings directing you to complete an application on other external sites may not be valid.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
$15.00 per hour
20-29 hours per week
The Clarion-Ledger has an immediate part-time opening for a Mailroom Clerk in our Production Department. This role will support warehouse and production material handling support functions, activities, and resources to achieve operational goals.
- Comply with all facility material handling Standard Operating Procedures.
- Centralize the postal reporting for the nightly legacy newspapers.
- Produce nightly labels and inkjet files for 11 publications. Sort hand labels with the pink postal tub tags as necessary.
- Produce all postal bar code skid tags, toppers, and skid instructions for the 7 TMC publications that are delivered by the USPS. Ensure each zoned product is properly weighed for insertion reporting.
- Inventory all labels and ink for the Epson, IBM, and Kirk Rudy equipment. Order all tubs, bags, and skids for postal jobs as necessary.
- Perform routine inspection & maintenance on all printers as needed.
- Assist with pallet organization
- General warehouse maintenance including equipment blowdown, preventive maintenance, sweeping floors, pallet organization, and materials disposal.
- High school diploma.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, a high level of accuracy in a high-pressure environment, and a self-starter.
- Must employ initiative and excellent problem-solving skills with little direction.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.’s Recruitment Department at [email protected]