This National Guard position is for a ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, Position Description Number D1526000 and is part of the OH 178 Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.
The purpose of the position is to provide technical and administrative assistance for programs within the Air Commander's area of responsibility. This support is provided to the Air Commander,Vice Commander, and Chief of Staff or Community Manager.
As a ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, GS-0303-7, you will perform the following duties:
1) Assists in managing the Internal Management Control Program (IMPC). Gathers and organizes IMCP material, establishes a suspense system, drafts the annual wingplan, and provides accurate information regarding changes in the program and in the status of the IMCP submission by managers.
2) Assists the Commander, Vice Commander and Wing Inspector General with planning and coordination of the Command Inspection program. Assists in the development of inspection schedules; coordination of timetables with staff directorates and major commands; development of areas of inspection through analysis of prior inspection reports and identification of previous problem areas.
3) Oversees the Officer Evaluation Program. Monitors suspense dates for submission of Officer Performance Reports (OPR's) to the Vice Commander and Wing Executive Officer.
4) Performs other duties as assigned.
- The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D1526000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
Ohio Air National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Ohio Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Ohio Air National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
E-2 through E-6
Compatible Military Assignments:
3D1X1, 3F5X1, 3F0X1
Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience demonstrating the ability to advise lower graded employees. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, you must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:
Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
***If serving under an incentive contract, termination of that incentive(s) will occur effective one day prior to your AGR, Permanent Military Technician, or Indefinite Military Technician start date. Temporary Military Technicians will have their incentive terminated if their tour exceeds 179 days in a continuous 12-month period.***
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume showing current Military grade, current AFSC, current unit of assignment, work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment, and all duties performed.
2. Transcripts (if substituting college education for work experience)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.