About the Position
Cobalt currently has an opening for a Software Support Specialist, who reports directly to our Director of Customer Support. This is an important position, responsible for fostering and maintaining our valuable customer relationships by providing exceptional support of Cobalt's products and our clients' unique systems. As a member of the Support Department, Software Support Specialists also provide support to the other departments at Cobalt with tasks such as testing and documentation of project implementations, training, and more. Cobalt is looking for candidates who have previous work experience that demonstrates their problem-solving skills and customer empathy, not necessarily previous software support experience.
While this current job opening is for a Level 1 Software Support Specialist, new hires will have the opportunity to move up to Levels 2 and 3 as their career and responsibilities progress at Cobalt.
This is a full-time position averaging 45-hours per week, based at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, where employees are required to work onsite to promote teamwork and collaboration. Candidates should expect to travel up to 10 days a year.
Cobalt implements CRM solutions for dynamic organizations. We help associations, certification boards, and businesses find hidden value in their customer data by providing quality software solutions tailored specifically to each of our clients.
Teamwork is at the foundation of everything we do, therefore we take pride in our people and the culture we have created at Cobalt. To ensure that we continue offering exceptional service to all of our clients, Cobalt only hires talented and motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company.
Primary Job Duties
- Learn and master Cobalt's core applications to order to provide efficient internal and external support
- Gain the trust of our customers through knowledge of our products and their systems to troubleshoot and answer end user questions
- Work with our customers in a creative manner to utilize our product to improve their businesses in a cost-effective way
- Test Cobalt's products to ensure it meets our clients' documented needs
- Assist with documentation of test cases
- Creation of support cases from client emails and calls
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of post-college work experience
- Client or customer facing work experience
- Organizational and task management skills
- Experience contributing to a team
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other CRM software
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools
- Training or tutoring experience
- Familiarity with online collaboration, error reporting, or content management tools
- Familiarity with WebEx or Skype for Business
- Experience working with associations or certification boards
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt offers all employees medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a 401k plan with employer matching. We host multiple events for our employees each year including quarterly events, volunteering opportunities, and a holiday party.
Annual compensation for this position is $55,000 based on experience.