Cross Creek Subaru, Inc. is filling an upcoming vacancy for Controller
REPORTS TO: OWNER
SUMMARY: Manages company’s accounting activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directs the financial activities of the organization
· Supervises monthly balancing of books and monthly account reviews; prepares and presents monthly financial statements and reports required by ownership and lenders in a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintain general ledger and accounts to forecast business activity and financial position
· Ensures compliance with statutory payroll and property tax reporting.
· Manages and oversees the accounting department and their daily operations by providing leadership and guidance
· Handles all aspects of HR for the dealership
· Reviews, evaluates, and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
· Develops and maintains relationships with banking, insurance, legal and vendors to facilitate the flow of financial information, day-to-day operations, as well as negotiating agreements.
· Prepares and submits tax returns as required
· Advises management on departmental issues that need attention and assist with all procedures necessary
· Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
· Prepares year-end package for submittal to outside CPA firm for preparation of all federal and state tax returns
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Acts as liaison between company/employees and outside IT vendor
· Performs customer and public relation duties when necessary
· Supports dealer by performing special projects as required
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent preferred.
· 3-5 years of previous Automotive Controller experience required.
· Supervisory experience, strong management skills; including supervision, organization, delegation, etc.
· Must be organized and demonstrate excellent accounting ability
· Financial Statement Production and Analysis
· Cash Management Knowledge and Execution
· High ethics and professionalism; maintains confidentiality
· Enthusiasm and leadership skills; ability to manage, train, and develop staff
· Excellent analytical ability.
· Demonstrated ability to interpret economic conditions and anticipate the impact on the organization.
· Basic competence in duties and tasks of all accounting office employees.
· Strong communications, customer service, leadership and organizational skills.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· CDK experience (Recommended but not required)
· Ensures all Human Resources and payroll functions are operational and in compliance with all applicable laws
· Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
· Technologically Savvy
· Ability to work autonomously
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- great work environment
- 5-day work week
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life/Accident/Cancer Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Vacation and Sick pay
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Automotive: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fayetteville, NC 28303 (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: