What You'll Do
Exciting opportunity to be part of an elite technical pre-sales team responsible for driving the success of our Stealthwatch security solutions.
This is a consultative technical (pre-sales) position that supports the Sales organization working directly with prospective customers and managing all the technical aspects of pre-sales activities through to a successful deployment.
The Cisco CSE is responsible for presenting, demonstrating and architecting solutions to solve the cyber security needs of some of the most influential companies in the region. The candidate must be highly accomplished with network security, networking and cloud technology (SaaS, PaaS and Iaas) - You must be a self-starter, act as an industry subject matter expert, and strive to help Cisco make customers for life.
The successful candidate will be the main pre-sales technical and product adviser on Cisco Stealhtwatch Security solutions in the region.
What You’ll Do
- Be the main go-to resource for the sales team and potential customers for technical product questions, trials and pre-sale customer issues during the sales cycle.
- Delivery of technical product presentations along with sales reps via web conferencing or in the field.
- Assist sales reps and customers on determining if customer environments are supported by current and future versions of Cisco's enterprise solutions.
- Full ownership of Stealthwatch Security POV and Security Risk Assessment activities in region, providing customers with a consultative experience demonstrating risk and solution value.
- Provide essential input and responses to RFIs / RFPs
- Successfully transition new customers into the customer success program.
- Assist in the delivery of technical training modules to new team representatives including ongoing training to the sales team.
- Evangelize and enable the wider Cisco CSE and Channel Partner SE teams in region.
- Work directly with Product Management team as a liaison to accounts around technical product requirements and to provide customer feedback with the goal of enabling continuous improvement of Cisco enterprise solutions.
- Effectively interact with internal engineering teams to scope out and provide solutions to complex technical issues for highly visible account opportunities.
- Travel throughout the region to visit prospective customers.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Sales Engineer or in a similar sales engineering role at a data network vendor, DPI equipment vendor, security vendor, service provider or network security company
- 5+ years of related technical experience, installing, designing, managing, administering and supporting an enterprise network
- Proven track record of managing partnering with sales account managers to close deals
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- Strong understanding of Lan and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing and network security including, DDoS, Firewall, IDS, IPS, anti-virus and common exploits
- Proven ability to provide hands on technical product demonstrations and training.
- Love and passion for helping customers and delivering satisfaction even when faced with difficult customers.
- A positive attitude and friendly outgoing personality.
- Strong written and email etiquette skills.
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in user-friendly language.
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
Desired / Good to Have
- 5 years of high-end enterprise Pre-Sales experience working directly with network or cloud security products.
- Demonstrable experience with scripting languages such as Python, and API frameworks such as REST / SOAP.
- Experience selling governance and compliance solutions a plus.
- Strong network security skills that would include hands-on experience with Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Bluecoat along with other appropriate certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCSE, GCFW, JNCIS-SEC/JNCIP-ENT, GCIH etc).
- Advanced level network technology certifications (e.g. CCIE, CCSP, JNCIE etc).
- Security Clearance
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Your ideas and focus will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.