*The Assistant Manager of Production is responsible for production-related processes, department operations, company output, communication flow and coordination between all relevant company departments, management of company resources (including inventory) and the execution of an error-free delivery commitment to every company client.
- Manage the day to day operational process and output of XDI’s products and services through all delivery channels to end users.
- Ensure company standards and processes are executed consistently by all department employees.
- Participate in operation related decisions concerning product and services.
- Use current processes to improve department performance including managing product waste, inventory upkeep, reorder points, cost improvements and resource needs.
- Enhance processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as warranted to support the evolving demands of the business.
- Coordinate the production aspects of the product/service to achieve established benchmarks.
- Coordinates and works well with other departments to ensure 100% satisfaction realization for all client jobs.
- Document and improve the product/service development process and SOP’s.
- Prioritize jobs/tasks daily to ensure optimization of output through proper use of resources and time management.
- Ensure compliance of all physical mail with USPS regulations.
- Actively sustain and manage relationships with all vendors.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment in compliance with OSHA standards. Adheres to company organizational standards at all times.
- Conduct quality control processes to secure integrity and confidentiality of all documents both physical and digital
- Assist in job candidate interviews.
- Create and manage onboarding/training process of new hires.
- Assess staffing levels and make recommendations as to number of employees and type (part-time/full-time).
- Build and maintain relationships with BMEU/USPS personnel.
- Sustain knowledge and find solutions to USPS compliance related issues.
- Maintain all related aspects of annual audit including process controls and compliance.
- Coach, counsel, and develop employees.
- 100% Compliance and accountability of security standards/integrity.
- Manage through all machine maintenance to ensure proper functionality and optimization of machine performance.
- Create and evolve an error-free environment and culture
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity
- Complex Problem Solving
This position manages all employees of the production and operations department. This individual is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in primarily a warehouse and print room environment. Approximately 10% of the role will take place in an office area of the facility. This role routinely uses heavy production equipment including mail inserters, industrial printers, forklifts, office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Capability to lift, push, or pull up to 40 pounds regularly
- Ability to move safely through confined spaces
- Ability to stand, walk anywhere between 4-10 hours a day.
- Ability to recognize and quickly respond to potentially dangerous situations
- Wear correct physical attire to ensure personal safety
- Able to work in a loud work environment
*Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
*This is a full-time, exempt position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, with shifts as business needs dictate. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand at peak times such as month and quarter end dates.
Minimal travel is expected for this position, mostly related to training and vendor relationship management.
Required Education and Experience
- 5-10 years of experience in each phase of production operation, including managing employees, developing teams and conflict resolution.
- 5-10 years of process implementation, system design, purchasing, inventory management and critical analysis.
- 5-10 years pf production and process improvement experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of vendor relationship management.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business management or related field is preferred.
- Printing, packaging, logistics experience.
- Mail production experience a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
To be considered, applicants must demonstrate their proof of ability to work in the United States.
Xpress Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- production management: 5 years (Required)
- people: 5 years (Preferred)
- operation: 5 years (Preferred)