MOSAIC JOB POSTING: Packaging/Display Engineer
Advoque is a vertically integrated retail solutions company – at our core, we understand, develop, iterate, test, fabricate and deploy display systems for retail environments. In short, we help elevate our customers brand. With facilities in both Silicon Valley (HQ) and Los Angeles, Advoque specializes in taking our clients to retailers such as Best Buy, Costco, Fry’s Electronics, Microsoft Stores, REI, Sam’s Club, Staples, Target, Verizon Stores, and Walmart.
We have an immediate opening for a Packaging/Display Engineer at our Santa Clara headquarter facility. The focus of the role will be the design, testing, and implementation of packaging and displays, an integral part of Advoque’s product development process. The role would also require the review and improvement on existing packaging/display products. We offer a diversity of clients and projects, as well as the opportunity for growth and advancement. Our work culture appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, work efficiently and are comfortable working under pressure. We're a highly collaborative team that's in a constant state of growth and adding new technologies – join us if you're up for a challenge!
Required Duties and Responsibilities
- Packaging/Display Engineer with 5+ years experience with ArtiosCAD and SolidWorks software.
- Oversee and manage complete packaging/display development processes, including the creation of packaging/display designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging/display problems involving designs, materials and processes, providing creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs.
- Work with the manufacturing department to insure that the packaging/display designs are optimized for manufacturability.
- Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging exceeds customer specifications.
- Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required.
- Able to understand and utilize management reports and plans to conduct business.
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Work performed near moving mechanical parts, in the presence of welding fumes or airborne particles, and loud noises associated with manufacturing.
- Must pass a weld test and provide your own welding hood.
Benefits and Compensation
- Racquetball Court, Recreation Room, and showers on premise.
We're keen on creative thinking and innovative executions to help solve our manufacturing challenges... our creative services define Advoque as a company and we’re searching for a professional to assist the company for powerful future growth. If you’re interested in applying for the position, please do so today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Packaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)