Business Development Officer (Manager)
Develop new business and enhance existing business relationships by meeting the product and service needs of clients and prospects. Utilize a consultative sales process that includes analyzing cash flow and operations structuring client-specific cash management solutions and formulating sales and presentation strategies to achieve goals and increase fee income. Utilize general business knowledge and knowledge of department-related financial services regulations, market research analysis techniques, and the Bank’s products and services with further expertise in banking and associated products.
Savannah Branch Development Officer has responsibility for Advisory Board functions for that location.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1.Maintain an effective, active and volume-driven calling effort to develop new business with existing and prospective clients
2. Advise client/prospect on cash management, product selection and account structuring
3. Proactively cross sell and refer all appropriate Bank products and services such as Deposit, Merchant, Business Banking and Personal Banking services
4. Partner with BSM for referrals and cross sell all bank products to existing and new mortgage customers
5. Partner with marketing to formulate client-specific marketing strategies for assigned territory
6. Grow new deposit/loan relationships within the market
1. Involvement in activities within the assigned territory to help increase new business opportunities and be a strong community partner
2. Respond to requests for proposals, formulating strategies necessary to win bids and achieve targeted risk adjusted returns on the relationship in partnership with the Market President
3. Prepare and present professionally written and well-articulated proposals, recommending products and services that would be of value to the prospective client/prospect
4. Other client contact responsibilities as needed within the assigned territory
Sales and Follow Up:
1. Maintain a scheduled calling program for existing clients to ensure high quality servicing and identify additional needs to enhance relationships
2. Make cold calls individually or jointly with other Partners, Relationship Managers, Senior or Executive Management as needed
3. Maintain documentation of sales process to insure complete sales coverage of the assigned territory and monitor/report progress in achieving sales and performance goals.
Knowledge & Skills
Minimum of two (2) years of directly applicable experience including direct customer contact; demonstrated use or knowledge of cash management and electronic banking systems; demonstrated sales and marketing skills.
College degree, equivalent work experience and/or Certified Cash Manager (CCM) designation
Demonstrated verbal and written presentation communication skills using appropriate grammar and terminology
Understanding of basic treasury management, short-term investments and bank payment systems; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, internet access and basic data communications technology. Experience in the local market is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time