Medical Social Worker - Home Health
Robinson Township, PA, USA
Working Hours Per Week
Job Functional Area
1. Visit patient within 5 days of the referral.
2. Assists patients and families to make the necessary changes within the home setting to promote the patient’s optimal health status.
3. Assess social environment of patient and family as it influences the patient’s medical condition in the home setting.
4. Interview and inform patients of their responsibilities.
5. Research documents and approve/deny patient applications.
6. Coordinate group discussion in attempt to resolve conflicts.
7. Collaborates with members of the home health & hospice care teams in facilitating patient/family referrals to community and financial resources when indicated.
8. Review all referrals and document and maintain all client records as related to socio-psychological aspects.
9. Interface with community agencies and compile available resources for patient information.
10. Complete all documentation for patient charts.
11. In-service agency staff regarding patient sensitivity and ethical issues that may arise.
12. Perform social service services duties as required.
13. Communicating updates, revisions, and/or changes to Interdisciplinary Team: RN’s, PT’s, OT’s, SLP’s, and the Director of Rehab/Director of Clinical Services and Nurse Manager within 48 hours of visit.
14. Complete & timely submission of all documentation by 11:59 P.M. the day of the visit. Comply with the standards for OASIS completion and submission.
15. Attend orientation programs, continuing education programs, corporate compliance programs, HIPAA compliance programs.
16. Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and/ or Experience
Masters in social Work from graduate school accredited by the Council of Social Work.
One (1) to two (2) years post graduate social work experience in a health care setting
Education & Certifications
Allegheny Health Network Healthcare at Home Home Health
Graham Healthcare Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer