Sr. Director of Technology Delivery – Sullivan Family of Companies
The Sullivan Family of Companies, operating businesses serving a variety of markets and customers with over 150 stores across Hawaii and the mainland U.S. is currently seeking a Sr. Director of Technology Delivery. Businesses include Foodland Super Market, Ltd., a full service supermarket chain; Food Pantry, Ltd., gift, apparel and hotel stores; The Kalama Beach Corporation, a mix of neighborhood markets; and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, the Hawaii franchise operation of coffee shops.
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer and is responsible for leading teams that deliver technology solutions and projects for the Sullivan Family of Companies. Provides the leadership required to resource and execute the implementation of solutions to address current and future business needs across the enterprise. Serves as an internal business resource in the support of evolving the company's IT capabilities and services. This position is a highly visible role with IT executives and directly interface with our business leadership teams.
This director must have deep expertise around industry best practices in the various aspects of IT, technology trends, retail knowledge and ability to implement solutions to enable key business strategies. Has a proven track record and ability to balance desired capabilities end-state within program/environment constraints and with a pragmatic view. Retail Industry experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead & mentor a team of shared services and project delivery resources, and help to further evolve and mature the Technology Portfolio
- Provide direction for program management activities requiring budgeting and resourcing input across all IT teams
- Ensure that individual technology project/solutions are resourced and effectively staffed to meet or exceed expectations of scope, schedule, budget and achieving the business objectives
- Provide ongoing support and leadership in resolving risks and issues related to the programs throughout execution
- Innovate and iterate on program execution methodology to provide continuous improvement opportunities
- Work closely with Infrastructure Management and Enterprise Architecture teams to support technology integration and delivery
- Ensure Infrastructure Services provide all technology required to enable all application, and business portfolio objectives
- Provide demand management for Technology Resources, across all enterprise projects
- Stay current with retail and technology industry trends and lead the adoption of strategic technologies across all IT stakeholders
- Help influence and support the strategic IT roadmap for the company. Work with business and IT peers to help define, develop and maintain strategic and tactical programs and plans. Help drive strategic planning and annual budgeting process defined by the Chief Information Office
- Director of Retail Support
- POS Solutions Sr. Manager
- Project Manager
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management or related field. An advanced degree in Business/Management/Project Management or a related field is strongly preferred
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in IT with progressive responsibility and influence
- Broad technology knowledge of major technologies, platforms, and systems
- Demonstrated experience in delivering enterprise-wide technology solutions
- Demonstrated experience in the development of solutions for technology programs/projects
- Experience in personnel management, coaching, motivating and handling conflict management
- Experience in vendor management and contract negotiation
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and ability to make sound decisions
- Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of project/program and shared service delivery best practices to all IT leadership team
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to effectively work with senior management and executives
- May require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or store visits
To apply, please attach your resume as a PDF via this posting, mail your resume to: Sullivan Family of Companies, HR - Recruiting, 3536 Harding Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816 or fax to: (808)737-0033. Please reference the Sr. Director of Technology Delivery position.
We're sorry that we will not be able to respond to all submissions. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you!
Job Type: Full-time