Drive any combination of vehicles with GVW of 26,001 or more pounds, to transport and deliver goods, or materials in palletized or packaged form. May be required to unload truck. May require use of automated routing equipment. Requires Class A commercial driver's license. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check vehicles before and after driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures when loads are delivered, and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Read and interpret maps in order to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any powered MHE equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
- Responsible for following all safety rules and policies as outlined by the Dept of Transportation and communicated by Midland management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
- class a cdl: 1 year (Preferred)
Type of Freight:
Home Time policy: