Take your career to the next level by joining a high-energy team of problem solvers and innovators. JLL is partnering with Amazon’s fulfillment network to ensure that buildings under our oversight operate at peak performance. We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada. Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As Amazon continues to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
Operating Engineer - Robotics Tech 1
The Operating Engineer will be responsible for assisting in the house keeping, general maintenance, and repair of the building.
What we’re looking for:
Responsibilities will include:
- Strong mechanical aptitude – considers past work, hobbies, training, etc to reveal the entry level mechanic’s aptitude for basic troubleshooting and repairs
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and logistically support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Skilled trade training or equivalent technical expertise
- Ambitious and eager to learn – desire to learn Robotics – chosen candidates will be trained by the Robotics experts
- Repairing and making improvements to building and infrastructure
- Maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Light metal and wood fabrications, including welding
- Maintaining and repairing distribution center racking
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining material handling equipment
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining building pneumatic system
- Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
- Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
- Ability to do e-mail communication and date entry for database
- Enter downtime data in daily log, complete PM sheets
- Electrical, knowledge of basics components
- Troubleshooting Ability to ID problems and understand resources, needed to resolve them
- Tracking and storing the departments inventory, including spare parts
- Supporting continuous improvement in department
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Basic Qualifications Required:
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
- Electrical knowledge of basics components. Use test equipment ability to do simple circuitry.
- Metal and wood fabrication skills
- PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
- Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
- Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Robotics or electromechanical experience
- Experience with conveyors, understand flow of system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistants
- Slam, Print and Apply, able to start system and know key components with basis adjustments. Ability to repair printers adjusts photo eyes and scales
- Box Makers- start and stop load fill and change tape, know key components and make adjustments. Perform PM’s and do basic repairs
- Knowledge of CMMS programs
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .