Facilitate process improvement and automation by identifying and analyzing divisional/area/team requirements.
Build solutions in the service management tool including templates, quick actions, and workflows for existing modules as well as supporting future module implementation.
Own key customer relationships with a focus on exemplary customer service and service delivery.
Assist teams with migrating existing processes into the service management platform.
Monitor performance of service management platform and work closely with vendor to facilitate issue resolution.
Participate in producing and providing training to ITS staff on service management platform use and procedures.
Provide out-of-hours support for emergency issues on a rotating basis.
Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support and ensure the end user receives appropriate and timely resolution.
Gain proficiency in other areas of technical support in order to provide resources as needed.
Maintain continuous familiarity with campus daily events and participate in University and divisional initiatives.
Promote a professional work environment dedicated to customer service and teamwork.
Other duties as assigned.
Monitor student worker and peer performance by reviewing work as documented. Provide training, instruction, and regular feedback to team members.
Follow up with customers and escalation teams to ensure timeliness and quality of ITS and Service Desk issue resolution.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a similar area, or three to five years of equivalent work experience is required.
- Support center team lead or manager professional certification desired.
The Sr. Service Desk Application Administrator must be inspired to continuously improve the University’s experience of IT service. Success in this role demands experience in developing and operating service management platforms. Skill in business analysis and excellent customer and team communication are also required.
- Strong and persuasive oral and written communication skills with internal and external customers at all levels of the University.
- Core consulting skills such as business writing, presentation, and analytic comparison.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business processes, technical procedures, and user manuals.
- Ability to develop and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences
- Able to distill team and end user feedback into clear insights and actionable items.
- Able to synthesize complex or diverse information at an enterprise level.
- Able to self-motivate and problem solve individually or with team members.
- Adept at task switching and able to manage competing priorities.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments and business situations.
Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately
Great attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
- Maintains confidentiality and follows ITS and other university policies regarding data security and protection
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity
Support center team lead or manager professional certification desired.
Demonstrates a commitment to Loyola’s mission and strategy by supporting the ITS core values of service excellence for university strategic initiatives and continuous development and improvement.
Experience in use and administration of service management platforms (such as Ivanti Service Manager (ISM), ServiceNow, or Cherwell) is required. Minimum three years. Specific knowledge of ISM strongly preferred.
Familiarity with PowerBI, Tableau, or similar reporting tools; Microsoft Office and other common office tools; and a working understanding of Internet delivery mechanisms for client self-service applications desired
Supervisory Responsibilities No
Required operation of university owned vehicles No
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No
Physical Demands Lifting
Working Conditions Lighting
Open Date 03/10/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants