New York Speech Coaching, the premier studio for speaking voice enhancement, public speaking, accent acquisition, and corporate speech training, is looking for an Administrative Assistant to begin early December.
Administrative Assistant - [Remote position]
The Administrative Assistant oversees all of New York Speech Coaching’s administrative operations, including managing the company’s communications, serving as liaison to the instructors and their clients, and additional duties as assigned.
What can you expect?
- Become a member of New York Speech Coaching’s tight-knit team, helping our clients communicate their most authentic selves to the world
- The ability to make an immediate impact within the organization
What are some of the highlights of the position?
- Opportunities for career advancement
- 2 weeks paid off per year
- Entirely remote position
- Collaborative, supportive team environment
Additional information about the position:
- 10 days paid time off
- Flexible unpaid days off
- No retirement benefits / health insurance at this time
What is the timeline?
- Training period: November - December 15th (hourly pay $25 / hour) Two week unpaid time off 12/18 - 12/29
- Official position: Full-time salaried position beginning January 2nd, 2024 (Unfixed hours but mostly available between 9am - 5:30pm ET)
We will count on you to:
Provide Administrative Support
- Communicate with clients via email and phone
- Assist the Operations and Administrative Manager, Senior Management Team, and instructors with client tracking, retention, and outreach
- Manage maintenance of the founder's clientele, including payment, correspondence, calendars, etc.
- Manage and organize company calendars
- Ensure company policies are followed and updated
- Track and collect client payments and invoicing
Track Opportunities and Company Statistics
- Engage in sales by drafting messages to new clients
- Maintain spreadsheets for important company data
- As the company grows and its needs expand, so may the administrative assistant position in both scope and salary
What you’ll need to have:
- Collaborative spirit
- Exceptional comfort in giving and receiving feedback
- Exceedingly high attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Career-minded, long-term goals with our company
- Openness and willingness to be reached / respond during typical “work hours”
- High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in G-Suite (Google Workspace, Google Calendars, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms)
- Applicants must have legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
What will make you stand out?
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated conscientiousness and reliability
- Passion for systems-thinking
- Experience with CRM software
- An interest in speech, voice, and communications
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter with your application through Indeed. We want to be sensitive to your time and recognize that submitting job-specific cover letters can be involved. Feel free to simply add 2-3 sentences at the top of your standard letter that describes your interest in working with a corporate speech coaching company.
If you are able to do a custom cover letter based on your observations from reviewing our website, those applicants will be given weighted consideration.
Lastly, please begin your cover letter with a sentence describing an animal you like: (e.g., "I enjoy penguins.") Silly as it sounds, attention to detail is paramount in this position, and beginning your letter with this alerts us to your conscientiousness in reviewing this post.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1,000.00 per week
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Work Location: Remote