The HR Business Partner, under some supervision, works closely as a partner in implementing initiatives related to attracting, developing and retaining a talented and committed workforce. The key areas of responsibility include coaching of leaders and associates, organizational development/effectiveness and training, talent and performance management, rewards and recognition, change management, and communication. The HR Business Partner builds partnerships with key stakeholders within one or more business segments with the majority of the support given to supervisors and front line leaders. This role responds to inquiries from Associates regarding HR processes and procedures within the professional level support groups. They help the business leaders to provide associates with development opportunities and ensure that they are able to meet current and future performance standards. The role works collaboratively with all HR functions.
Essential Job Functions
Act as a partner between HR and the rest of the business to create, adjust and execute HR strategies to respond to changing business needs. A strategic partner will proactively identify critical HR metrics/issues that could/will have an impact on the business. This role will utilize both their knowledge and understanding of the business and HR practices to find the best way for HR to add value and align with business objectives.
Communication and Change Management:
The HR Business Partner will take a leadership role in helping to clearly communicate changes to the organization that will directly or indirectly impact associates. HRBPs will drive effective change management through high touch communication that will include discussions/meetings with leaders and associates. This role will work to support leaders through change management and communication of other HR policies/practices.
The HR Business Partner will always act as an advocate for the associate in meeting with the business and when recommending solutions to associate related issues. The HR Business Partner will have a strong understanding of associate opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns. HR Business Partners must be able to manage conflict between associates and management, while staying compliant to employment laws (Title VII, FMLA, ADA).
Relationship Building and Coaching:
HR Business Partners proactively build and maintain relationships with all levels of management creating a level of trust and respect in which coaching can be most effective. The HRBP will counsel managers and associates on policy, procedure and practice interpretation and compliance. The HRBP will also coach associates and managers on appropriate intervention and resolution of associate relations by using progressive coaching techniques.
An HR Business must be prepared to proactively and reactively handle a variety of situations that put our company at immediate risk. An HR Business Partner must be able to quickly respond to complaints and front line leader questions. This role will act as an expert in terms of how to handle employment actions in a consistent way and compliant with employment laws and regulations.
- Bachelor Degree preferred in HR Management, Organizational Psychology or related discipline
- PHR / SPHR certification preferred
Preferred Work Experience
- Three plus years of experience in a progressive Human Resources function
- Experience supporting multiple levels of management in a fast-paced work environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to display a professional presence and provide excellent service working with a diverse client base and various internal and external stakeholder partners
- Ability to build credibility, establish trust and strong relationships with clients; must be able to influence without authority
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to facilitate effective group presentations/discussions
- Ability to be decisive and objectively make decisions and recommendations in a timely fashion
- Ability to use technical knowledge to research and analyze data for reporting purposes
- Working knowledge of industry and discipline trends, best practices, tools and processes
- Ability to define and implement business plans and programs to create a sustainable, high performance workforce at all levels across the company
- Proven ability to anticipate and manage change in an ambiguous and complex business environment with multi-level/discipline clients.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
Preferred Supervisory Experience
Alliance Data card services business
Alliance Data’s card services business develops market-leading private label, co-brand, and business credit card programs for many of the world's most recognizable brands. Through our branded credit programs, we help build more profitable relationships between our partners and their cardmembers, and drive lasting loyalty. We uphold our Know more. Sell more.® promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities. It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our cardmembers.
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To learn more, visit www.KnowMoreSellMore.com/careers