Extended Job Title
ER Nurse - H98147
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691207 - RMF - ER
Provides nursing services to patients admitted to the Regional Medical Facility Emergency Room. Assesses the patient with life threatening airway, breathing, or circulation problems. Obtains medical history and performs head to toe assessment, including evaluation of the patient's back.
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care
- Obtain medical history, performs physical assessment, assist or performs specialized procedures and documents in EMR
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures
- Administer or assist with administration of medications
- Triage emergency patients and after hours regional calls
- Responds to emergencies performs advanced technical procedures and skills
- This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
RMF - ER
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
- Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
- Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
- And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+ Graduated from an approved accredited School of Nursing. +License/Certification:+ * Current license as a Registered Nurse from the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer license to Texas. * ACLS certification. +Experience:+ At least two years of experience with one of those years in an emergency room.