To oversee the implementation of programs and to assist
students in pursuit of their educational and
professional goals. Specifically, this position will be
responsible for coordination of disabilities services,
student conduct, student activities and programs,
student clubs, New Student Orientation, job fairs,
special events and referrals to the Student Assistance
Program. This position may entail housing
responsibilities. When housing responsibilities are
required this position is a full-time, live-in
professional staff position responsible for providing
quality housing for students; maintaining a safe,
healthy, learning and living environment; addressing
student conduct issues; and managing the resident
assistant program. Incumbent must assure that the
quality services to clients;
development, growth, involvement, and recognition of
employees; sound economic principles; and environment
which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and
expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and
responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Present to Student Affairs Head at main campus the
requested support services for students seeking
- Once approved communicate and implement
- Maintain disabilities records and reports required
by the College, state and federal agencies.
- Provide Student Affairs Head at main campus with any
utilization reports for disabilities services.
- Address student conduct issues as necessary.
- Assist Student Affairs Head at main campus with
communicating student conduct policies and
procedures to students.
- Maintain accurate files of conduct violations
occurring at the school.
- Assist with the documentation and reporting of all
Jeanne Clery statistics and report to Student
Affairs Head at main campus.
- Coordinate the development and facilitation of
extra-curricular and co-curricular
activities/programs in conjunction with the main
campus that promote personal growth and student
success and provide oversight to student clubs.
- Promote the availability of current part-time
employment positions to students in classroom
presentations and by creating and implementing
related campus events, including job fairs and
- Coordinate New Student Orientation in cooperation
with Admissions, Education and Student Affairs staff
and promote a successful transition to college life.
- Recruit and train Orientation Student Assistants.
- Market and prepare publicity and promotion of
activities, programs, services and events for
- Promote community service opportunities.
- Maintain current community contacts and resources,
acting as liaison when appropriate.
- Coordinate production of monthly communication i.e.
newsletter or e newsletter and quarterly calendar of
activities and psycho educational events for
students which promote a wellness philosophy
- Provide Wellness Services related to student
individual well being, including, guidance, support,
and referrals to the Student Assistance Program as
- Develop and advise a Student Leadership Group.
- Assist, supervise and counsel resident students.
Ensure quality housing for students.
- Housing Responsibilities will include: Conduct
regular inspections of the student housing facility
and student units; identify problem areas, and
enlist means to correct. Report, track and follow up
on maintenance issues with appropriate building
managers, maintenance and cleaning staff etc.
Coordinate with outside vendors to ensure all
repairs and maintenance issues are completed in a
- Coordinate student check-in, check-out, room
changes, including assessing damage charges and
processing paperwork in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency and crisis situations, and make
appropriate referrals as needed.
- Provide coverage of student housing facility during
off-hours and weekends.
- Serve as primary conduct officer for student conduct
issues in housing. Administer and implement housing
policies and procedures. Ensure that appropriate
sanctions are carried out in a timely manner.
Maintain accurate student conduct records
- Supervise, train and evaluate Resident Assistant
staff. Develop and advise student hall council.
Provide direction and coordination for all Housing
community development activities.
- Assume the role of fire safety director and assist
in training and support of security personnel.
Maintain key inventory records.
- Work with Director of Residential Life & Housing in
utilization of housing budget. Maintain accurate
records of housing budget.
- Maintain a public relations role for the Housing
office, Student Affairs and The school community as
Institutional President, dotted line
reporting to Regional Dean of Student Life.
Main campus student affairs staff
(satellite), admissions, financial services, academic
affairs administration, academic advisors, faculty,
staff, and students
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Student
Affairs Higher Education, Student Personnel,
Education, or other related programs; Masters
- Two or more years of related responsibility in
student affairs in a post-secondary institution.
- Knowledge of current practices and theories in
student affairs in higher education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Work effectively as a team member to insure that
departmental goals are met.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand student development issues in
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The term "qualified individual with
a disability" means an individual with a disability who,
with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform
the essential functions of the position. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to communicate professionally in
person, over the telephone, through email and other
electronic means, move about the office or school,
handle various types of media and equipment, and
visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The
employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10
pounds unless otherwise specified in the job
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative and level of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of positions
given this title and shall not be construed as a
declaration of the total of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees
may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than
those specifically presented in this description.