At Schahet Hotels we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need you to:
Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Treat all others with Respect, treating guests and fellow associates the way you want to be treated
Demonstrate Integrity in all you do. Seek to always do the right thing, whether working in a group, team, or alone.
Always be at the Service of our guest as well as fellow associates or managers. We believe that Service is making the reach to help or be of Service to all.
Celebrate successes. Show Excitement in your work, the way you smile and greet others, the good news of others successes or awards. Participate in group and team activities either by your active support and participation or by your presence in the group
Assist our hotels with rate structures, inventory controls, special events, and selling strategies through hands-on consultation, support, report generation and analysis and frequent two-way communication with the property management teams. Implement revenue strategies and other information into the properties computer systems. Monitor market trends for each property and offer specific recommendations to maximize revenues. Work with GMs on price strategy for City wide groups and major group accounts such as Site Search and other booking agencies. Available to accompany the VP on property visits to review and discuss revenue opportunities for each property. Coordinate with the Corporate Office and General Manager during budget season to prepare Mix of Business and Budgeted Revenue. Prepare Monthly Analysis of Revenue, Mix of Business, and Performance for Property Managers, Owners and Investors. Offer any further assistance as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with General Managers and Sales Team to determine and implement selling strategies.
- Work with General Managers (final decision maker) to Price (or oversee pricing) on all Group Leads and LNR/KNR Accounts to maximize revenues at the hotel or within a specific market or region
- Monitor rate plan inventory levels and controls to update strategies daily.
- Monitor properties’ mix of business to make effective inventory and pricing controls for various rate plans.
- Monitor properties’ tracking on various rate plans to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor demand, forecast, and regrets to determine future selling strategies.
- Monitor competitor strategies and data; maintain understanding of the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and present appropriate action plans to the properties.
- Review brand reports and revenue management systems for each hotel to find areas of opportunity.
- Become a company expert at all brand Inventory and Pricing computer systems (currently GRO, HPP, OnQ, MARSHA, and One Yield).
- Research and evaluate various booking channels to ensure all demand is captured.
- Ensure special event strategies are in place and modified as necessary.
- Review historical data to discuss pricing and inventory strategies with GMs.
- Define price/value relationship with competition.
- Perform revenue management conference calls with GMs and property teams.
- Review property performance monthly, quarterly, and annually to determine areas of improvement.
- Analyze data from various resources (ie. STR reports, DaySTAR reports, Sales Productivity report) to assist in developing proactive strategies based on past trends and future data.
- Develop systems/spreadsheets to analyze effectiveness of inventory and pricing decisions.
- Develop spreadsheets to roll-up portfolio information for ease of analysis for all team members.
- Shop properties’ market competition for pricing via hotel direct, central reservations, and Internet.
- Monitor properties’ market competition pricing on the internet by using the MarketVision and other third party reporting.
- Prepare Monthly Performance Review for each property and submit it to the Regional Managers for review.
- Assist GM’s and OM’s through the Budget Process by providing all reporting necessary to make sound decisions on upcoming performance.
- Provide Weekly Report to the Area DOS’s and GMs regarding Hotel Occupancy, Performance, Group Performance, and upcoming Cut-off dates.
- Research demand-generating rate plans such as packages offered by other hotels to evaluate with team members those, which could work for our hotel properties.
- Develop tools and system to help GMs make effective decisions including training on revenue management principles.
- Analyze and respond to RFP’s for each hotel.
- Assist Sales and Marketing Departments with ideas on how to position and sell our hotel properties.
- Develop and implement hotel specific strategies that will increase RevPAR & Year over Year RevPAR Index growth for each property.
Equivalent to a four-year degree in hospitality, business or related field
- Two years of hotel operations experience including knowledge of the budgetary process, forecasting and trend analysis, and cost control measures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills to include intermediate MS Word & Excel and Internet research and surfing
- Team spirit – cooperative, honest, trustworthy and reliable
This position will have no Direct Reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly be required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is required to have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to make sales calls.
A reasonable accommodation will be made to assist persons with disabilities. Other demands include:
- Possession of a valid driver's license and evidence of self-insurability.
- Ability to type for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit and/or stand comfortably for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to Schahet managed hotels, seminars or regional meetings with occasional overnight stays
- Ability to use computer for extended periods of time.
Must complete all Brand and Schahet Hotels Specific Training Requirements within prescribed timeline.
- Sell within agreed group selective sell guidelines and adhere to group room maximum commitment levels.
Decisions outside guidelines must be discussed with Area Manager or General Manager.
responsible for meeting top line revenue in designated segments for each property.
Follow guidelines set forth by Schahet Hotels in communicating with Regional VP, General Manger, VP of Sales & Marketing, fellow associates and Clients.
Results of Action
Hotel top line revenue is met
Computer, Software to include Microsoft Office, Salespro, and Brand Property Management System and others as needed for job productivity and performance. Telephone, copy machine, scanner, and printer.
Well organized, work independently or part of a team. Must maintain a professional image, positive attitude, and adhere to the Schahet Hotels values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excitement at all times.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.