We seek a part-time (0.6 FTE) psychiatrist to work in the Women’s Health and Pediatric clinics to provide integrated developmental, social, physical, and mental health services for mothers and other primary care takers and their young children age 0-3 years. The goal is to identify and meet the often un-addressed mental health and socioeconomic needs of expectant mothers and families with young children. The psychiatrist will fit into this program by evaluating and treating mothers or other primary caregivers of very young children who receive care at Gouverneur Health in both Women’s Health and Pediatrics as well as the children.
Psychiatrist will provide a full range of psychiatric services to assigned patients, including:
- Assessment, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
Prescription, direction, and administration of psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Medication management of ongoing cases, as needed.
- Collaboration with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Participation in treatment team activities to include the development and periodic review of patient treatment/care plans.
- Documentation in the patient’s electronic medical record
- Maintain responsibility for adherence to all Federal, State, and City regulations
SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Provide short-term, evidence-based behavioral health services as a fully integrated member of the multidisciplinary IMPACT Team
- Co-lead psycho-educational and psychotherapeutic groups, if assigned
- Perform consultation and facilitate treatment for general Women’s Health patients, as feasible
- Liaison with patient families and external agencies, as it pertains to assigned patients
- Provide supervision to clinical staff and/or trainees, as assigned by the Directors of relevant services
- Participate in performance improvement activities, as assigned by the Directors of relevant services
- Promote collaboration among the Departments of Pediatrics, Women’s Health, and Behavioral Health
- Seek consultation, as needed, from members of the Department of Behavioral Health’s Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Team
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Part-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Relocation Assistance Provided: