Redondo Beach - CA, United States of America
United States Citizenship
No- Teleworking not available for this position
1st Shift (United States of America)
Yes, 10% of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Payload and Ground Systems division of Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Computer Systems Architect.
The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Integration and Support Group (ISG) has an immediate need for a Senior Computer Systems Architect to plan, design system architecture, and lead implementation for new and existing complex computer systems. The role includes determining systems specifications, applying advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
The Systems Architect will coordinate designs of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies. Other responsibilities are the development and recommendation of corrective actions and providing technical guidance for Linux System Administrators and interfacing with software developers.
The candidate will be responsible for directing technical team members to perform system buildups, managing priorities, meeting deadlines and working within budgets. The candidate will work directly with management, defining tasking and support of management meetings and reviews. This position requires coordination and interfacing with the internal and external customers and program management. Candidate will work in a dynamic team environment, defining processes and resolving complex problems. The candidate must have the ability to complete tasks with minimal direction and oversight, and mentor junior engineers.
What does success look like?
As a successful employee, you will:
- Be an active and integral member of your team
- Channel your enthusiasm to innovate
- Be part of a supportive team that develops and deploys technologies that matter to our national security
- Work with agility, flexibility, and collaboration to explore creative ideas
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Education Assistance
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible schedules, like the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more Link: https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/Pages/default.aspx
- 14 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 12 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 9 years of relevant experience with a PhD; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Proficiency in; Linux, Network Attached Storage, Networking, Virtualization & Cloud technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Current SCI access or at least a DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access
- Security+ or similar security certification
- Previously adjudicated polygraph
- Extensive integration experience in operational sites
- Experienced in software and network architectures is highly desirable
- Red Hat Linux certified
- Demonstrated high level briefing experience
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and decision making skills
- Successful team building for technical solutions and engaged teams
141416 - 212124
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.