At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Load inbound and outbound freight to maximize the utilization of containers and pallets. Unload inbound and outbound containers and pallets and sort according to size of freight and destination.
Full-Time: $19 an hour
What will you enjoy doing (duties/tasks)
- Read, decode, and decipher freight codings in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
- Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight .
- Perform clean-up activities in work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock.
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports.
What you need to succeed (Qualifications, experience, skills, attributes)
- The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. (generally prefer 2-4 years related experience)
Why You’ll Love DB Schenker
Many of our jobs come with great benefits-including healthcare, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement.
· Earn up to 15 days PTO over the course of your first year
· 6 Paid Holidays
· Full Health Insurance on day one (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
· Career Advancement. We’re strong believers in continual training and development for our people. After all, your success is our success
· Your Safetyis important to us, so we will provide protective gear
· Health Advocacy support for you and your family
· Employee discounts
· Company Paid life insurance
· Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) option
How to Get Started
You can begin by applying above or visit us at https://dbschenker.com/global/careers
Stay Connected With Us
Visit our Blog: www.nowthatslogistics.com
DB Schenker is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. DB Schenker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kearny, NJ 07032: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person