Position Description: Manufacturing Engineer | Fabrication Manager
Location: 2535 E. University Drive McKinney, TX 75069
Industry & Focus: Wastewater Engineering and Wastewater Treatment
Background: Modular Water Systems (A division of OriginClear, Inc.) is an engineered solutions provider that services the North American wastewater industry. Its primary focus is the development, manufacture and sale of packaged waste water treatment solutions with flows from 2,000 GPD to 500,000 GPD.
As a progressive, forward thinking company we are rocking this industry. We are constantly improving our engineering and manufacturing and we are providing much needed sustainable (ecological) infrastructure and environmental solutions for both developed and developing nations. For more information, visit us at www.modularwater.com.
Our ideal candidate is a confident professional who loves what they do. Please seriously consider the following:
- If you like to solve real world, global environmental problems, you are in the right place. If you like being hands-on and working with fabricators and contractors both in a manufacturing setting and in the field, good. If you like solving challenging problems that occasionally require getting dirt under your fingernails, sweat on your brow, and getting your clothes wrinkled, better yet.
- If you can picture yourself making an impact on the world's water resources and even occasionally saving lives in the process then you could be the right person for us.
- This is not an 8 to 5 job that is routine or predictable. It will take you places that you couldn’t imagine to work with people you could never have fathomed meeting. It is an opportunity to make a positive impact on both the developed and underdeveloped world----in supplying solutions that 10% of the world takes for granted and 90% lacks, but desperately needs.
- Manage the shop-based fabrication of pump stations and waste water treatment packages that bid out at $30K to $2M.
- Assume a role in assisting with the continued development and evolution of MWS’s Manufacturing Capabilities.
- Manage staff and vendors to get projects done and delivered on time
- Support the delivery and commissioning of our packaged systems
- Support promotion & marketing efforts as lead by the President & Senior Engineer
- Experience in system assembly for water and wastewater treatment systems, specifically skills related to fluid systems, pumps, blowers, electrical controls, etc.
- Experience related to steel fabrication.
- Practical experience in the planning, design, or construction of water treatment systems
- Have managed engineering, clients and construction teams in the completion and delivery of wastewater related systems
- Experience in a manufacturing or fabrication related to plastic manufacturing (extrusion & winding, hot-air extrusion welding, rotomolding, injection molding, press molding, etc.)
- Experience in wastewater projects for domestic, commercial, municipal, and/or industrial sectors
- Familiarity with Biological Nutrient Removal (BNR), Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) and Enhanced Nutrient Removal (ENR) system design
- Experience with aeration system design, aeration systems, biological process design for Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) removal, nitrification, denitrification, and nutrient removal
- Experience with other engineered equipment and engineered solutions companies in the wastewater space
- AWS certifications, DVS certifications, or other similar Fabrication and Assembly Certifications
- Fabrication management, Production Management and customer relations
- 2D CAD (Autocad)
- Word, Xcel, Powerpoint, Google Docs
- Communicate easily by phone, email, text, chat
- Curious, self-disciplined, and have a passion for EITHER custom manufacturing and or water and wastewater engineering
- Experience with 3D modeling (Inventor or Solidworks)
- BS in Civil, Environmental, Wastewater or Manufacturing Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- Engineer in Training and PE certifications desired, but not required
- Salary depending upon experience
- Delivered Product bonuses
- Stock Grant
- Vacation & Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Waste Water Treatment: 2 years (Preferred)