General Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversees dispatch, parts, and fleet service operations. As such, has a working knowledge of the 4 areas detailed below.
- Acts as an on call manager in rotation with other managers.
- Demonstrates Service Today core values of courtesy & caring in all interactions both internal and external.
- Keep proper balance between customer service, employee morale, and profitability in all decision making.
Primary Tasks in Four Core Areas:
The new hire will spend up to 90 days in each core area to prepare fully to assume the job duties. These are the major tasks of each area. This will enable you to understand the areas you are managing and be able to fill in when emergency requires.
- Item: Individual sets up and routes calls effectively for each technician in a large geographic territory with techs of different skill levels with the goal of eliminating unprofitable windshield time and fixing the issue for the Service Today customer the first time.
- Item: Individual pays close attention to detail when reviewing work orders, accurately checks tickets for things such as technician payroll, ticket statistics, inventory, and an appropriate bill for the Service Today customer.
- Item: Individual possesses the ability to use "out of the box" thinking style during periods of high pressure and demand to get a large volume of work done, given the limited resources cooperating with other dispatchers.
- Item: Individual possesses mechanical aptitude to take written notes of what part is needed and look at part explosions, and order parts based on the diagram.
- Item: Individual possesses the ability to pay close attention to detail documenting parts tickets correctly with information for customer service. This same person simultaneously checks systems for part and labor warranties when contacting the vendor to get information to deliver the parts availability and cost quote for the job to the individual customer on the phone.
- Item: Individual has the ability to work quickly in a fast-paced work environment ordering multiple material orders or parts for service jobs daily.
- Item: Individual develops working relationships with Service Today repair shops and coordinates maintenance and repairs on vehicles based on need and urgency for the vehicle as quickly as possible.
- Item: Individual maintains tag renewals, fleet fuel card renewals, and maintains and updates the GPS tracker software based on tech assignment to the vehicle.
- Item: Individual negotiates and handles purchase of new vehicles from start to finish and outfits new vehicle with Service Today lettering, GPS tracking software, fuel card tags, registration, and inventory.
- Item: Ability to handle customer billing disputes and resolve issues given the facts fairly and equitably to all parties involved.
- Item: Ability to offer solutions that meet customer needs and service their needs faster than the customer expects.
- Item: Ability to answer the phone, take incoming calls, and make work orders to be run by service technicians accurately, following company guidelines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs - Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to use a customer database software application like QuickBooks.
- HVAC experience is not required, but must be mechanically inclined. Automotive parts/service is a good substitute.
- Basic knowledge of automotive field, sufficient to work with the fleet manager.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize multiple resources (people, parts, trucks, for example) to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve customer conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to present information to customers about company products. Sales experience would meet this criteria.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to develop strategic plans and implement them.
- Must have adequate keyboarding skills of 35wpm.
Compensation = $60,000 - $80,000 + Bonuses
About Us: Service Today is an Employee-Owned company. In fact, it's the largest employee-owned heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical home services company in the Mid-Atlantic area of Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. Service Today became 100% employee owned on September 26,2000. This means everyone working for our company is an owner with a stake in our future. For more information, please visit our website at www.servicetodayinc.com. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Mechanical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement