The Integrated Systems and Concepts Group (99) develops advanced electro-optical sensors and systems for surveillance and reconnaissance from ground-based, airborne and spaceborne platforms, as well as processing architectures and communication systems to support the rapid tasking, exploitation and dissemination of data collected by the surveillance systems.
Odyssey Systems is in need of a Sr. System Administrator to support their efforts in research, testing, and deploying of systems. Daily responsibilities include installing/configuring IT systems (desktop and server class), security management, design/development/deployment of databases, networks, virtualized systems, data backup, etc. Responsibilities span from debugging Linux kernels, repairing RAID arrays, general troubleshooting, and network & router configuration. The candidate will be supporting engineers and must be able to quickly adapt to new technologies required by the work environment. An ability to script/program to automate tasks is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Domains: IT Infrastructure, Networking, Cloud, system architecture design, system configuration management, system troubleshooting and database management.
- Responsible for management, administration, configuration, deployment, and support of MIT/LL IT systems infrastructure.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining (physical and virtual) servers and user workstations along with software and hardware deployments.
- Responsible for Data Center/Server Room operations.
- Support additional new technologies as they are adopted by the Laboratory.
- Actions: Ensure system availability; OS builds/upgrades; system patching; IT inventory management; apply OS configuration to new systems; troubleshoot host/server failures and related issues (i.e. domain controller problems); perform routine data backups; documenting maintenance actions taken; component diagrams; trusted downloading; seal maintenance (whenever security seals are broken/replaced); transportation plans (information gathering); electronic audit trail backups; document and prepare Memorandums of Understanding / Interconnection Service Agreements; security compliance management.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD secret clearance.
- MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience.
- Operating Systems: UNIX/Linux, Windows, VMware, Cisco IOS.
- Hardware: Intel/AMD, Cisco, Dell, Apple, EMC, NetApp.
- Networking applications and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH, FTP and HTTP/S.
- System auditing, hardening and firewall configurations.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
- Location: Lexington, MA
- Travel: Approximately once per year for a period of 3-7 days.
- Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
- Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
- Work Hours: This position is assigned to work the second shift
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.